Refused By Local Charity Event HELP

andantesash

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
In Scotland each town has its own little Festival and the small town of Bo'ness has the biggest. I was previously allowed into area where the crowning of the queen would take place, but after a fall out with the committee of the local event, they are refusing to let me in to do pictures. The main reason is because another photographer has complained that I do photography and I might be trying to steal his work from him, which is lies as there is other photographers too.

I have been asked by the main characters in it: The Queen, The Champion, The Chief Lady and Ex-Queen's parents to take pictures of them, but the committee of the event are refusing to let me in.

I had an e-mail from a lady whom said they cannot refuse you entry into the photographers area of the event if you have been hired privately as it is a charitable event and it is in a public park.

Can someone let me know if I should be allowed to do pictures for the parents of the main characters in the festival as its a charitable event and its in a local park?

I look forward to any help.

Thanks

As far as laws go, this is one that you would need to look up. The laws change from country to country. I can only say that here in Australia if the fair is held on public land (parks, council parking lot, street, etc) then it's free for all as no private group can disallow you from doing what you want within the law on public land. Especially if it's not fenced off and there's no restricted access to other public this is the most logical arguement.

If it is right what the lady said then get something in writing signed by one of the people who you're trying to photograph to prove you're legitimately there on that person's request.

Consult a lawyer. I'd hate to see the people on here come to a consensus only to find out we're totally wrong and you get arrested. This is really something only someone who practices law can tell you.

I would be inclined to think you have a right if others are being allowed to do so. It would probably file under some sort of discrimination. But that's based on my very vague knowledge of American law, so obviously I could very easily be wrong.

Simple - on whose land is the event taking place? Is it on public land? Is it on council land? If it's council land then ask the council. If they say yes you can then that over-rules whatever some upstart no-account committee has to say. Just produce it in writing when challenged and expect to be challenged.

Most reactions

Back