Relaxing time at the cabin - C&C please

marcpro

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.marcprovencher.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Taken with a Canon Powershot A620, in Program mode, hand-held from the shore.

This cabin is so quiet and relaxing. The stream flows slowly without making any noise. I'm hoping that's what the image conveys.

I find the light somewhat bland. I have better shots in my galleries... oh well.

532020372_9THq9-XL-1.jpg

It's a nice shot, but I agree with you marcpro, it is bland. Have you tried upping the contrast and playing with other settings?

I am wondering too, if you used a Polarizer and lost the sky reflection, how it would change the mood. Not a critique, just a thinking.

Thanks Bitter Jeweler,
I boosted the contrast and the vividness in Lightroom, and dropped the sky since there was nothing really dramatic about it. Here's the new version:

533341506_KX2hH-XL.jpg

When you said "use a polarizer", were you talking about a PS plugin? Or a lens filter? I don't know of any plugins that can simulate a polarizing filter. Maybe you do....

Oooh! I like that better. The crop in particular. The sky is more interesting in the water than it was above the levee.

Polarizer, I was talking about the lense filter. I was just curious with your image how the mood would change with no reflection in the water (or much less reflection), it would make the water darker. Not that you can do it now, it just made me think.

Most reactions

Back