Remembering our passed loved ones.

Niki

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Yesterday we had this day when we visit on our loved ones who are no longer with us. The cemetery looks like a huge candle sea. :)
Tried to take some photos, but it was my first time try to picture in the dark, so with a dark screen you barely see anything in these. :p

h_10.jpg

h_9.jpg

h_4.jpg

And really bad pic of the "sea". :p

h_11.jpg

Niki is this some kind of Finnish custom on that date to remember the dead? Night photo's are tricky, try bracketing your pictures. In any case you have done quite well, I enjoyed your pictures, the first is my favourite of the batch.

Thanks a lot Cruzin. :) :)

Yeah it is a day like that. We take a candle and/or flowers to your family graves and remember them. :)

And thanks for the tip. :D

These are great. Did you shoot with a tripod or just hand hold the camera?

Really really great pics, Niki!!!

They convey the very solemn and emotional atmosphere such a tradition must embrace.

And you must have a steady hand, because night pics are a bugger without a tripod.

Been trying to photograph northen light, but thats just out of the question until I get a tripod.

Hehe, ya I think I looked like a statue when I took these. :lol:

Thanks a lot Greenlandgirl. :)

Damn ....Hand held......I know ...in real life your a sniper, right? Just like your ancestors in WWII fighting the Russians, must be in the Finnish blood. Anything after 1/125 of a sec. I am searching for my tripod :)

Nice work Niki!
Different and interesting and the fact they were hand held really impresses me.

Cruzin said:
Damn ....Hand held......I know ...in real life your a sniper, right? Just like your ancestors in WWII fighting the Russians, must be in the Finnish blood. Anything after 1/125 of a sec. I am searching for my tripod :)

Ha ha ha :LOL:
Thanks Cruz, ya maybe it is the blood.

mrsid99 said:
Nice work Niki!
Different and interesting and the fact they were hand held really impresses me.

Thank you mrsid99, I guess I just have very steady hand then. :shock:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back