Remote corded shutter release for D5100

PropilotBW

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I need a corded shutter release to get into bulb mode. I could go with the Nikon brand for $25, or I can get an off brand for half that.
So, does anyone have a recommendation for an off-brand?

I bought mine off ebay for $1-2, shipping included. You can just press the shutter release or slide it forward to keep it pressed. It works fine for me. I can't find a good reason to pay more.

I bought mine off ebay for $1-2, shipping included. You can just press the shutter release or slide it forward to keep it pressed. It works fine for me. I can't find a good reason to pay more.
Here's one: You can program a more expensive one to set the exposure time over 30 seconds that you would like to do.

Other than that, I have a very simple one like you're describing and it works perfectly.

I just purchased the Vello RS-N2 ll from B&H $ 6.95 works great.The only downside is the cable is shorter then I would like,it's 2.8' (86cm) Long. Compatible Cameras .
D90, D600, D3100, D3200, D5000, D5100 and D7000. I Also purchased the Vello optical Glass LCD protector to replace the Nikon Piece of crap plastic LCD one.It was like looking through hazy plexiglass.

Last edited:
You can get this RC-N3 that simply are a release cord with low price.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
You don't have to have the corded release, at least not on either of my bodies. The infrared remote will work as well. One press opens the shutter, a second press closes it. Check your owner's manual.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back