remote shutters for 20d

mfacer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.mattfacer.com
I'm looking to buy a remote shutter for my 20d... been looking on ebay - and there are lots of alternative ones which do the same as the official canon one, and are a lot cheaper...

£12.50 (link)

£8.99 (link)

there is also a wireless one which looks pretty neat (here)

what do people recommend? Are these "alternative" ones any good, or shouldI buy the "official" canon one??
thanks for any advice :)

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I've got one of those ADIDIT ones on order. I'll let people know how it works when I get it.

From what I've read...it's a really simple switch...so I don't know why Canon charges so much. So there should be no reason why a cheap no-name brand wouldn't work.

I have heard that the quality control with these are not all that good. The are made by ADIDIT in China and sold though dealers all around the world. They all seem to be shipped right from the manufactuer...rathat than the seller. That's not the way I would prefer to do it...but it's not a lot of money.

There is a fancy model that Canon sells...it has a built in timer and can be set to take shots at specific intervals. It's really expensive though.

I have the Canon one and it works very well...not sure about the no name brands either...but not sure how long it will last compared to the Canon one. If you're saving a lot of money it's worth a shot, but if it's just a little bit, then I'd say go Canon.

subbing to this thread... I have a 20d that I use at work, and we've been talking about getting a remote shutter. I am curious about the reviews on the "generic" ones. Wondering if the mark-up is just for the Canon name as the marketing world frequently does.

Most reactions

Back