Replacement for Photodeluxe 3.1? Elements 7 OK?

Discussion in 'Graphics Programs and Photo Gallery' started by Bridgett, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Bridgett

Bridgett TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I need some advice...my Photodeluxe 3.1 finally conked out (I have windows XP) and won't re-install...so I am going to just cut my losses and get a new program.

Here's where you come in...

What I really liked about Photodeluxe was that it had some very simple tools that I could use for quick fixes in lots of things, cropping to standard size photo sizes; altering saturation, contrast, etc; adjusting colors (too much green? Too much red? etc) on so on.

Is Elements 7 a good replacement? I do some heavier duty stuff sometimes, but mostly I make small adjustments like those I mentioned above. Does Elements 7 provide good quick-fix options that actually work easily and well, like Photodeluxe?

I would really like a program that is flexible...but the convenience items mentioned above (in blue) are very important to me...especially quick-click standard sizing adjustment tools.

I have Elements (the first one) but I find it awkward and time-consuming for re-sizing to standard sizes and other simple things. (though I would like something that one-click re-sizes to some of the bigger sizes too ---5x7 up to 16x20. Photodeluxe only went up to 8x10)

Thanks for your advice!!! :heart: