Residential Real Estate Example

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by manaheim, Aug 14, 2009.

1. manaheim

manaheim Jedi Bunnywabbit Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Here are some shots I took for a residential property earlier today. Keep in mind this house is actually still under construction and not inhabited.

==1==
    [​IMG]

==2==
    [​IMG]

==3==
    [​IMG]

Hoo I've been photo busy today. :)

2. CSR Studio

CSR Studio TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Very nice. I think you have done this once or twice! :lol: All available light? Not always easy but you made it look that way.

3. Josh66

Josh66 Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Looks nice. When can I move in?

4. Yasa

Yasa TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I like the second and third, however; the first seems to look odd due to the pillar on the right. It looks very 1 dimensional and flattened. I'm not sure how to fix that.

5. Mark Saint

Mark Saint TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    O|||||||O, +10!!!! :)))

P.S. a panorama in addition, would make this the best realty shooting ever.

6. johngpt

johngpt No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Chris, you're the man!

I can't recall which forum, but somewhere I'd come across a link to really horrid real estate shots. OMG, you'd ROFL!

Your exposures are superb, with wonderful tone inside, and even the exteriors showing through the windows are perfect. And that's the big problem with most real estate photos.

If you don't mind sharing with the studio audience here, how did you manage to make perfect the interior and exterior exposures? I've read about HDR and tone mapping becoming more popular for just this sort of situation.

7. manaheim

manaheim Jedi Bunnywabbit Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    ha thanks... yes, I've done it exactly twice. :lol:

I think with this series I did all available light... I toy now and again with using a series of exposures with flash and without. I think the exposures with tend to give you a bit more even light, but then the ones without tend to be more dramatic.

Thanks for the compliment and the comments. :)

Hey, it's on sale now! A mere $1.1M. (you know, the area I live in is admittedly pricey and this is definitely a nice home, but $1.1M is kinda out of whack by about $200K or so.

21 Fort Pond Rd, Acton, MA 01720 | MLS# 70941883

That's the listing- looks like they haven't put up the new (my) pictures yet.

Really? Funny. I totally don't see that, but ok. Interesting. Thanks for the comment.

Oh you know, I should have done that. That would have knocked their socks off. Good idea. Next time I'll toss one of those in. Thanks for the comment!

Oh yeah, they can be -really- bad. That's my idea for getting into the business... try to bring some quality, because I know for a fact that good pictures sell a house more quickly.

I wish I could be more expansive about it, but that's really all it was... HDR/tonemapping with Photomatix... and I'm really pretty much a big noob at it. I've only done 10 or so, and I mostly just tinker with the controls as they seem appropriate... initially doing fairly wild shifts to get the gist of what the adjustment will do to the image, and then put it back and make gentle tweaks to get it right.

8. johngpt

johngpt No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Very beautiful, subtle work Chris. I'm not a fan of garish HDR, but when done subtly, like yours here, it's perfect.