Returning to the fold.

MikeBcos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Back in 1974, when I was 8, my mother gave me her old box Brownie and a couple of rolls of film, at that moment a monster was born. I moved on from that camera to a 126 cartridge camera, then on to my first 35mm compact, then my first SLR, a Russian Zenith, that lasted me several years until my 18th birthday bought me a Konica FT1. The Konica kit grew to include a couple of TC bodies and a collection of Tamron lenses.

The FT1 finally died and was replaced by a Ricoh, fortunately having Tamron lenses all I needed to buy for them was new mounts.

I was published a couple of times in photo magazines in the UK and some of my photos illustrated a book of poetry in the USA.

Then I emigrated to the USA and got married. Family life took over, my photography slowed to about nothing, then digital started to become affordable and I bought my first digital compact. The 35mm equipment sat gathering dust and eventually it went on ebay.

I still have some of it, including one of the Konica bodies I bought in 1987 and a couple of lenses. The Ricoh and all the Tamrons were sold though. I've spent the last ten years working my way through a few digital compacts but the serious photography was definitely pushed to one side.

Then yesterday my wife came home from a business trip and handed me a Nikon D40.

I'M BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The camera bags have been pulled out and dusted, I found the tripod, none of my filters fit the standard D40 lens so I'll be shopping for adaptor rings later today, I've read the camera's manual and figured everything out, I've taken over 100 shots of the cats and family.

Now I have to catch up of 10 years of missed photo technology, I have no idea what is on the market these days.

It's so nice to have a camera again!

Mike

Mike, welcome to TPF and welcome back to photography!Glad to have you here, mate!

Thanks everyone! I posted a couple of shots on the General Gallery, nothing special, just some I took while learning the camera today.

Welcome to TPF

Great story, and welcome back into the game. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back