Rico & Leah - Pix Heavy! (29 pix)

Darrel, this isn't the kindergarten and we both know how forums go. It started with a simple showing of an e-session and look where we are. You get my point about hating? Anyway, lets drop that part. As for how I could have made the shot better, I could have taken it from different angle. Matter of fact, I have them in different angles.

How can I do my job to do a $500 job? I can't tell you tonight or else I'd be charging it. But it won't be long till I get there and we'll both have the answer.

Till then, I guess I'll be doing a lot of trial and error.

I think this is a better composition of #5. Damn now I gotta change the title of the thread to *30 pix* thanks Darrel!

149218_172119826145965_145244588833489_475321_7034690_n.jpg

What differentiates the $100 per session guy from the $500 per session guy from the $3,000 per session guy?

A $100 gets soft pictures from a 5DmarkII with L glass whilst getting props from all of their rebel shooting friends. A $500 guy gets sharp pictures....period. :lol:

Mo, relax a little, you posted 29 pics on a photography forum. ( yeah yeah, I know "I didn't ask for C+C" yadda yadda ) Everyone is going to pick them apart. I think most everyone commenting here is fairly well acquanted in forum world, so just think of it as your friends bustin your stones. Sure, much of its for sh*ts and giggles, but a lot of it is good intentioned. Besides, with this many pics, the crappy things tend to overpower the good. I remember something Todd Mcfarlane once said when talking about making art submittions ( if anyone knows who he is ). I'm paraphrasing....He said that when you walk into a place and show your port and its just loaded with pieces, and the first thing out of your mouth is "well this isn't my best work, but uhh..blah blah " the first thing the person says is "well SHOW me your best work, come back when you have it with you" Now I share this not only because its solid advice when putting together your portfolio, but its also good when putting up C+C. As Derrel stated, noone cares what the customer thinks, we don't look at it with googlie eyes, we look at it from a photographers perspective and thats the whole point to post 29 pics on here. Had you been a better critic of yourself, you probably would have had a much better response. You could have picked the cream of the crop, sure we may still have pointed out some problems, but we would have been much more forgiving and maybe the good comments would have outweighed the bad.. I think that lesson in and of itself, is priceless. Be more discerning of your own work.

Darrel, this isn't the kindergarten and we both know how forums go. It started with a simple showing of an e-session and look where we are. You get my point about hating? Anyway, lets drop that part. As for how I could have made the shot better, I could have taken it from different angle. Matter of fact, I have them in different angles.

How can I do my job to do a $500 job? I can't tell you tonight or else I'd be charging it. But it won't be long till I get there and we'll both have the answer.

I think this is a better composition of #5. Damn now I gotta change the title of the thread to *30 pix* thanks Darrel!

Well, geeze....if you had THIS image, why did #5 and #6 even see the light of day??? While it's a slight bit tight with his shirt on the right hand side, it is world's better than the original #5 and #6.

For the love of God, it is Derrel! Not Darrel.

For $100, they better pay you to do their wedding.

How can I do my job to do a $500 job?

Here in lies the problem... there have been many suggestions as to how to start working to get there, you seem (I could very well be wrong) to have ignored them. Your photos are average at best, you seem to agree with that. Considering that, I don't know why you are using terms like "hating". You acknowledge they aren't that good, but when people tell you that, you laugh it off?

Straight dope.... you set yourself up for this thread with your very first line..."Finally finished their edits and they're loving them! " That line right there challenges the intelligence, skill, and professionalism of every person on this forum. Beginner or professional, we all know that you should know better than to suggest that your clients know "photography" better than the people browsing this forum. You know just as well as everyone else here that clients are stupid... As Derrel pointed out, they are emotionally attaced to your photography... of course they are going to love it.

Honestly, how did you expect a bunch of photographers to respond when you start off by saying something to the likes of "My clients think these pictures are perfect, what do you think?"

Since you asked for critique... I think you have a great grasp of exposure...all of those shots are very well exposed. Beyond that, you have a lot of compositional errors. The first that jumps out are the multitude of grossly unlevel horizions. Also, most all of those shots have framing issues, cut off heads, elbows, arms, etc. Finally, you DOF seems to only have two extremes, too deep and too narrow. I think you blurred out too many backgrounds that could have used a little focus, and you left in too many backgrounds that have no value-add to the shots.

In this shot the tree ruins it, it looks like he is wearing a hat waiting for a bus on what should be one of his happiest days of his life

The pictures are good. I would like those that are saying they are too plain to post some of their work. They are engagement photos, most likely they are going to use them to show off at their ENGAGEMENT party, where grandma and aunt Edna will be there.
they capture the couple is in love, fun, and honest.
Sometime simple is best, trying to get too creative by having him do a balancing act with her on his head or something else stupid is OVERDONE, simple, elegant, properly exposed classy photos are what engagement photos are. This is not a glamour, model, or creative shoot.
I start out telling my engagement couples that you are going to max out your kiss count for the next 4.5 years today.....

Good job Mo!

Only a handful show the couple is "in love", the rest make them look like they are just friends.

How can you say an e-session is not a "creative shoot"? Is it just documentary? Candid?
Maybe that's what seperates the men from the boys.

hum...
well, considering a husband IS a wifes best friend..

Damn you guys are still on this? Now somebody's picking on what the guy's eyes look like in every single pics. I don't know, ummm using part of my brain tells me that perhaps his eys are like that naturally??? LOL Gotta love this forum :thumbup:

No, Momo, you did a perfect job. These images are fantastic. Ignore them.

Now please press the "thanks" button at the bottom right of this post

Bitter, I've learned what I needed to and moved on from it. I think you should too. There's more to this forum than this thread. Really there is I promise!

Most reactions

Back