Road to nowhere...

Singin4Gzus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Well, Im kinda new to all of this; the forum and photography. However, being new to photography I quickly figured out what it is I like talking pictures of... Roads. It's something you will probably see a lot of when looking at my pictures. This one is actually my first one. I hope you like it.

DSCF0095_Sepia.jpg

Does anyone have any suggestions other than Photobucket that I can upload my pictures onto and get then onto TPF? Also, how can I get up a border other than through paint because through paint I feel like I'm losing alot of the quality in my pictures? Or is there a way to do it in paint to not lose quality? Just a thought. Thanks.

first of all, welcome to the forum, I don't think i met you before :D
and that's an awesome picture, nice use of sepia and beautiful lighting!
as for the borders, you can use photoshop. there's a great tutorial by Meysha about how to do that in the software tutorial forum ;)

If you can't lay your hands on a cheap copy of photoshop then there's a program called Paint Shop Pro, that used to have plenty of shareware versions floating about (not sure these days) it's pretty good.

Nice pic, and welcome. I'm a noob too, and I like it here.

Great shot. I have used www.imageshack.us to host my images for years. Its free, no user account required and has a 1024KB size limit. Welcome aboard.

If you try to create borders in Paint, it is important to leave the black (or any colour) "picture" (which will ultimately become your border) as bitmap. You must not convert it into jpeg... only when everything is over and done may you go for that step. I was appalled at that loss in quality once and then found out step by step how it can be avoided.

LaFoto said:
If you try to create borders in Paint, it is important to leave the black (or any colour) "picture" (which will ultimately become your border) as bitmap. You must not convert it into jpeg... only when everything is over and done may you go for that step. I was appalled at that loss in quality once and then found out step by step how it can be avoided.

Thank you, that helps.

Most reactions

Back