Roads.

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by ashleysmithd, Mar 16, 2007.

1. ashleysmithd

ashleysmithd TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Nikon D40 / 18-55 f3.5-f5.6 Kit Lens
    ISO 200
    F11
    30 Second Exposure (w/ tripod)
    Daylight Balanced (I like the stylized red)
    No Grading

[​IMG]

2. redls1bird

redls1bird TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I dont want to alarm you, but your cars are driving on the wrong sides of the road!!! Really though, great shot!

3. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    :roll:

:lol:

Well, to me this photo said "UK" at once (though there are many, many other countries in this world where they drive on the left ... don't know who it was, but a list of those countries - including, of course, Australia, just to name a BIG one where they drive on the left, too - appeared in another thread on here only the other day) and I think that no one and nothing can have crossed the bridge while you were there with your camera and tripod to take this light-trail photo, now was there? For usually these kind of footbridges (?) shake as soon as only someone else STEPS on them --- but this one's a very sharp, well focused, clear long-exposure shot. Good!

4. ashleysmithd

ashleysmithd TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Cheers for the comments guys.

The bridge was fairly solid.. fortunately. However I was more concerned about setting up my D40 on a tripod with a pikey site 150 yards down the road lol. (pikeys = nasty people who live in caravans, who would do anything to anybody for a Nikon D40)

The only things I wasn't so keen on were the horizon being slightly out of focus, and the angle. I'd prefer to of taken it more to the right. But I didn't want to stick around for too long to cover all of these things...

And, wrong side of the road... :lol: very good.