Rock Rock Rock-n-roll

ksmattfish

Now 100% DC - not as cool as I once was, but still
Reaction score
Website
www.henrypeach.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Portraits of some of my musician friends. I sure am loving the 20D for freebie portrait sessions like these.

charlie-10.jpg

lrmattlong01bw.jpg

Matt, I love the first one. Is that b&w straight from the camera?

And, could you share the tech details?

Wow, these are some of the nicest B&W digital conversions I've seen. Almost as good as film. :mrgreen:

I love both of them, though I might be drawn a bit more toward the second - love the diagonal line of the keyboard. They're both wonderful as informal portraits.

Glad to see you posting again, Mr. Needham. ;)

I'm glad to see a post from you as well Matt!!!

These are both very nice! As they've said the bw is spectacular! I love them both!!!

terri said:
I love both of them, though I might be drawn a bit more toward the second - love the diagonal line of the keyboard. They're both wonderful as informal portraits.

Agreed... great job on the BW

Both shot with the Canon 20D set to ISO 200, and using a Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8 lens, and Canon 550EX flash.

#1 is at 50mm, f/2.8, 1/100th sec, flash set to 1/32 power with Stofen Omni bounce
I desaturated it in the RAW editor, and then switched to Adobe PS where I tweaked the curves, and ran USM ( 110%, radius 1.0 ).

#2 is at 18mm, f/4, 1/125th sec, flash set to 1/4 power with Gary Fong Lightsphere II (makes an excellent snack bowl at the reception!)
In Adobe PS I copied the green channel, tweaked it in curves, and ran USM ( 110%, radius 1.0 ).

The 20D is a lot of fun. Overall I'm very happy with it, but I don't like the AF. I've installed a manual focus screen, and pretty much only use it on MF. I sure wish the viewfinder was bigger.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back