TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
:)

shoot with the simple canon a540 :)

150921.jpg

thats a neat shot.
but i always wonder when I see people with those gauges if they think about that their ears are going to look like once they dont wear em anymore...

thats my ear :|

thats a neat shot.
but i always wonder when I see people with those gauges if they think about that their ears are going to look like once they dont wear em anymore...

Whats it matter? If you care about that, then I would conjecture you wouldn't do it in the first place.

Awesome shot! Also not what I was suspecting, but none the less very cool.

belive me im not 10-15 years old kid , and i know how and what i wanna be and look like .
body modification is my way of life , and it will always be .

Are you a psychologist?

Part of maturing is eventually learning that how one feels at one particular point in time is not necessarily how one will feel later.

I've lived long enough to meet lots of people who are pretty unhappy with life choices they make early on.
That's why tatooing your spouse's name on your chest is a bad decision.
Check back with me in 30 years and let me know how you feel.

Part of maturing is eventually learning that how one feels at one particular point in time is not necessarily how one will feel later.

I've lived long enough to meet lots of people who are pretty unhappy with life choices they make early on.
That's why tatooing your spouse's name on your chest is a bad decision.
Check back with me in 30 years and let me know how you feel.

Just because one was unhappy with choices made early on, does not mean that everyone who makes these choices are. You are basically implying that people who partake in body modification are not mature, and that is a very ignorant view (if indeed that is what you ment).

I hardly see how tattooing a spouses name on yourself has any relevance to stretching of ears or other types of body modification. The latter is similar to practices of tribal nations, and, in my opinion, by judging those that do similar things we are being ethnocentric.

I agree that living a longer life you have seen things that I may have not, but that does not mean that you are necessarily correct in your assumptions either. Your sample of people are personal ones, and you can not generalize data from such a sample.

Sorry... it's one of my pet peves when people assume and use personal and vicarious experience to make broad sweeping psychological generalizations. It makes my field look bad.

I had my ears at 1/2 inch, they closed up quickly and without a problem.
Tattoo's? There's an open debate on them, but as far as gauging your ears, they'll close up.
I understand that people are gonna assume things about people, but the truth is, I may not be the most "normal" looking kid, but guess what? I don't drink, I don't do drugs, the bible? yeah, it's my survival manual. I openly acknowledge that people are gonna assume stuff about me, and frankly that's fine with me. But what others choose to do, to their bodies, or whatever else, is up to them.

anyway....

Awesome shot.

I hardly see how tattooing a spouses name on yourself has any relevance to stretching of ears or other types of body modification. The latter is similar to practices of tribal nations, and, in my opinion, by judging those that do similar things we are being ethnocentric.

I agree that living a longer life you have seen things that I may have not, but that does not mean that you are necessarily correct in your assumptions either. Your sample of people are personal ones, and you can not generalize data from such a sample.

Sorry... it's one of my pet peves when people assume and use personal and vicarious experience to make broad sweeping psychological generalizations. It makes my field look bad.

I always told my children to try not to do things that foreclose the future. No matter how they felt in the moment, don't do, without long and sensible thought, something that might alter the future irreparably .

I didn't suggest that they should conform for the sake of fitting in but to weigh the importance of their personal expression against the price it will cost to their eventual goals. They should always be aware of the real question - will the value they get from their behavior now balance the cost the behavior will exact in the long run?

That kind of decision making process fits into any activity from sex without condoms to skipping classes to tattoos in obvious places. If they do outrageous things, let them be things that they can recover from.

Do whatever you want, just try to realize that what is important now, may be less than important later, and you should not put yourself in the position of carrying past mistakes into the future.

On your pet peeve, you can say that society should be non-judgmental and accepting of your own personal quirks in message, but no individual can control society's judgment and people will inevitably make judgments based on their own experience.

It is not ethnocentrism because you are not of another culture; you are adapting the cultural practices of a different culture as some measure of expression - and I am free to respond to that. When I am in a foreign culture, anywhere from Burma to France, I can see any practice as a societal norm and the individual as adopting it.

You are making a statement of your difference in a very overt way for whatever reason you want, then I am free to respond that I do see the difference and judge it. You think that the difference is important and so do I. You look at the difference in a positive way. Since, in my experience, altering body image has a long term negative affect, I am free to look at it negatively.

OP-

excellent capture and excellent title!! :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back