Rolling on the River

Nice series Mike. I love the raft shots. I have been lucky enough to visit Kananaskis a couple of times, but not since 91. The scenery in these shots, has me wanting to go back.

awesome shots big mike! love the raft shots, great captures, on the first shots to get the water effect that you have achieved, i know you have to use a slow shutter speed, did you use a ND filter if so which one?

dalebe said:
awesome shots big mike! love the raft shots, great captures, on the first shots to get the water effect that you have achieved, i know you have to use a slow shutter speed, did you use a ND filter if so which one?

Those were shot at F36 and between 0.4 to 0.8 of a second. I didn't even know that that lens could stop down that far.

No, I didn't have a ND filter. I did have a polarizer to cut reflections and give me about one stop less light. I did bring a few other filters that I wanted to use but I didn't bring the right size of adapter ring for my Cokin filter holder. I would have liked to slow the shutter down even more to accentuate the water effect...I tried as much as I could but those shots were blown right out.

Thanks for that big mike, only the reason why i asked is that i really like that effect, and i have'nt got a ND filter for reducing light,i just wanted to get whatever you used on that shot, so i might just go for a 0.45 and a 0.6 ND, but i do happen to have a polariser, which i have always just used for cutting out reflections and intensifying contrast, so i will give your method a try, thanks again for sharing.

Well done effect.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back