Romance

M

MDowdey

So ladies and gentlemen...

i have thought to myself lately and wanted your opinion. Is romance a valuable part of a relationship? Is romance dead in some ways?

what do women want as far as romance goes?

same question for the men, what do you guys want when it comes to romance?

feed me knowledge!!!!!

matt

Romance is an INTEGRAL part of a relationship! For me, romance is quite simple...

Kisses when I least expect it.

Don't make me tell you I want you to hold me when I've had a bad day and I'm upset or depressed.

Go out of your way to make an ordinary night special, (which could be as simple as cooking for me, or taking me out to a nice restarautn) even though it's not valentines day or sweetest day, or an anniversary.

...even just forget all that...if you simply put a decent effort and real thought into the things you do for me or to me, and the things you say to me...I find that completely romantic.

I'm sure I'll think of more...just give me a little time.

Romance isn't dead. It's not about the biggest diamond or the most expensive roses. It's all about the little things really. A single flower picked from the garden. A gentle touch as you walk by. Softly laying your hands on her ankles & feet as you're sitting there watching tv. It's knowing that when she's had a tough day that it's ok just to hold her without saying a word unless she wants to talk about it. All her problems and concerns vanish when she's in your arms so hold her tight. A bubble bath that's just for her. Wash her hair - she'll love it. :D A little smile when you look into her eyes that tell her that you love her. A kiss that makes her breathless. Little notes tucked into a wallet, a quick text page that tells her that she's on your mind in the middle of the day or a couple of extra minutes snuggled together before you have to leave for work.

I like notes. Just little things I find throughout the day that let me know he cares.... even if I dont find them for 2 weeks or he has to point them out to me :lol:

Its always the thought that counts, if you make the effort to do something, its going to be a suprise that is well appreciated. I think some people try so hard with the huge gestures that they forget the small things that mean the most. You dont have to be this super stealthy guy who is always trying to pull something off, but just doing something special every once in a while reminds us that you care :mrgreen:

I think the key to romance is that it's something that comes naturally. Like Tammy said, it's the little things and you do them because you want to, because it makes you feel good too. For me, the most romantic thing that we do as a couple is ALWAYS go to bed at the same time. If one of us is really tired we might snooze on the couch, but we physically go to bed at the same time. I think just knowing the other person is thinking of you means a lot. I remember when we lived close to my college and I would tell Aub I was tired during class he would show up on my break and bring coffee to help me make it through the night. I never have to question how he feels about me because he shows me and that means more than any flowers or chocolate ever could. If you truly love someone how you treat them will come naturally, just because they mean so much to you.

I sure hope it isn't dead...at this point anything would work for me :lol:

Not much romance in my 5.5 (almost 6) year relationship with JAR. And that's ok. it took a while, but I'm fine with it. We've always loved each other, but it's a lot stronger now. we don't need it all that much (more so him). This is my own opinion: Once you get past the lovey dovey stuff and start acting like best friends (plus benifits ;)) and STILL love each other even without having a lot of the romantic stuff, then you can do without it for the most part.

Sometimes he does sweet stuff like kiss me in the middle of an isle at the grocery store, put his arms around me when we're standing (VERY RARE), grab my hand to hold it (less rare than the arm wrapping)..etc

He makes me laugh all the time. We have a lot of fun goofing off. I think that's more romantic than love notes.

MDowdey said:
So ladies and gentlemen...

i have thought to myself lately and wanted your opinion. Is romance a valuable part of a relationship? Is romance dead in some ways?

what do women want as far as romance goes?

same question for the men, what do you guys want when it comes to romance?

feed me knowledge!!!!!

matt

He he... You could always hire me to play violin for your sweetie. Song of choice! :wink:

Seriously though... Romance is not dead by far! It's not what it used to be years past, it's just different now. No, diamonds/chocolate/flowers combination is not the most successful one, like every lady that replied above said, a little touch, a little note, an unexpected hug or kiss, a dinner (or show) on the town will do. Thinsg come and go, gestures always get remembered.

I often play for people that celebrate their anniversary. I had a 76 (yes, seventysix) years old student, he played violin when he was a kid and wanted to re-learn it so he can play 'Unforgettable' to his dear wife on their anniversary. He did it too, I was really proud of him!:thumbup:

Mitica100 said:
He he... You could always hire me to play violin for your sweetie. Song of choice! :wink:

how much for a 45 minute picnic in the park while you are playing pachebel's canon?

hahaha..jk. but that would be ridiculously romantic. the poor girls head would explode!

MDowdey said:
how much for a 45 minute picnic in the park while you are playing pachebel's canon?

hahaha..jk. but that would be ridiculously romantic. the poor girls head would explode!

no, no, no... Pachelbel's Canon is the most played wedding song, it will make her think you wanna marry her!! :lol: :lol:

You want something very romantic, something like the theme from the Titanic. That will just melt her.

And for you Matt, I'll do it for free over the phone. :lol:

Mitica100 said:
no, no, no... Pachelbel's Canon is the most played wedding song, it will make her think you wanna marry her!! :lol: :lol:

You want something very romantic, something like the theme from the Titanic. That will just melt her.

And for you Matt, I'll do it for free over the phone. :lol:

dang miti!!!!!!! you are an awesome fella!!!!!

what about(i think his name is) vengalis? or vangalis? ever heard of that composer?

Matty: the two of you will work out your own style.

The caution about romance is that, whatever you're doing now, in a relationship's infancy, are the things you should STILL be doing 6 months, 6 years - forever. It can't be something used like a worm on a hook - or it will end up becoming wistful memories, something lacking for her down the road.

Here's the secret: Romance is a state of mind. :heart:

Let that be your guide. ;)

oh i agree. its not that there is a lack of...more like an abundance.

i was just curious as to what others value as far as romance is concerned. no problems here ;)

I think everybody's different when it comes to relationships and romance.

My wife isn't romantic as such but she still has a "crush" on me after nearly 12 years! She's not much into holding hands and spontanious cuddles but she still likes kisses goodbye in the mornings & everyday stuff like that.

I'm quite old fashioned but still leave her little notes & stuff now and again. She loves it when I make her stuff at work because she knows it's just for her and unique.

We don't see that much of each other since she works full time in Health and Safety and I run my own joinery business and at weekends she likes to spend time with her mum shopping, gardening and visiting & such whilst I'm either working, RC racing, rallying (or spectating), at my mates studying astronomy or out with my camera. But this works for us and we're both very happy being together & still able to do our own thing too.

We do spend more time together now little Noah James has arrived and often all lye together on a duvet in the lounge in the evening with baby books after he's been fed and is on his "wind down".

Most reactions

Back