Rome: It wasn't build in a day.

Discussion in 'Landscape & Cityscape' started by PeterParker, Jan 12, 2010.

1. PeterParker

PeterParker TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I'd like to 'build' a visual Rome. I was there recently on holiday and loved the imagery there. The Romans' themselves seem very conscious of this :/
    So! If you've been to Rome and took a shot you like, pop it up here. What I hope this will become is a well rounded view into how we (as photographers) see Rome.
    Perhaps others could start their own City posts?

Here's some of my shots to get things rolling...

[​IMG]
    One of hundreds of marble statues inside the Vatican. So much art in one place!

[​IMG]
    A little old lady searches her bag for money to buy expensive lingerie

[​IMG]
    Sunset over St. Paul's. Or is it St. Peter's? Help me out if you can!

[​IMG]
    Roast Chest Nuts!!! Mmmmm...

[​IMG]
    Inside the Pantheon. Awe inspiring engineering!

[​IMG]
    Guess what this is?

[​IMG]
    Old car, VERY old building.

2. Mersad

Mersad TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    3 and 5 stand out to me. Good work on them!

3. mom2eight

mom2eight TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I wish I had some pictures to share but when I went to Roma I was only 15 and didin't have a camera. I wish I could go back now as an adult with a camera!

4. Flower Child

Flower Child TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    First of all, nice title. I really like the first one the most, although #2 is very good as well. I like the first because I like the way you used the angle to capture the size and how your photo enhanced that powerful, commanding feel of the statue. Good job! And I love unposed shots of various people and I think you captured a very good, interesting moment with the old woman. I wonder if she was getting ready to go into that store in front of her! :lol:

#3 is pretty, but I'm not wowed by it. Its a little boring. Might have been more effective in landscape format.

#4 is also good and you had a great idea going because the interaction between the people is very interesting. But what turns me off is how busy it is. My eye really can't settle on one place, and the subjects (the men) are lost in the mass of background detail. I think this shot would have been a lot better if you had used a much, much lower f-stop and got that good blurry background look so your subjects would have been more isolated.

#5 has good composition, but I feel the light could have been a little more glowing and vibrant. A longer exposure would have done this photo some good.

#6 Don't know what it is, and I don't know if you put this up for critique or just for people to guess at, but if you put it up for critique also, it doesn't strike me.

#7 Cool subject, cool composition, but its lacking a punch. It seems flat and colorless.

Hope this helps you for further adventures! Good luck to you.