Rome: It wasn't build in a day.

PeterParker

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'd like to 'build' a visual Rome. I was there recently on holiday and loved the imagery there. The Romans' themselves seem very conscious of this :/
So! If you've been to Rome and took a shot you like, pop it up here. What I hope this will become is a well rounded view into how we (as photographers) see Rome.
Perhaps others could start their own City posts?

Here's some of my shots to get things rolling...

DSC00871.jpg

One of hundreds of marble statues inside the Vatican. So much art in one place!

DSC01053.jpg

A little old lady searches her bag for money to buy expensive lingerie

DSC01016.jpg

Sunset over St. Paul's. Or is it St. Peter's? Help me out if you can!

DSC01048.jpg

Roast Chest Nuts!!! Mmmmm...

DSC01031.jpg

Inside the Pantheon. Awe inspiring engineering!

DSC00813.jpg

Guess what this is?

DSC00751.jpg

Old car, VERY old building.

I wish I had some pictures to share but when I went to Roma I was only 15 and didin't have a camera. I wish I could go back now as an adult with a camera!

First of all, nice title. I really like the first one the most, although #2 is very good as well. I like the first because I like the way you used the angle to capture the size and how your photo enhanced that powerful, commanding feel of the statue. Good job! And I love unposed shots of various people and I think you captured a very good, interesting moment with the old woman. I wonder if she was getting ready to go into that store in front of her! :lol:

#3 is pretty, but I'm not wowed by it. Its a little boring. Might have been more effective in landscape format.

#4 is also good and you had a great idea going because the interaction between the people is very interesting. But what turns me off is how busy it is. My eye really can't settle on one place, and the subjects (the men) are lost in the mass of background detail. I think this shot would have been a lot better if you had used a much, much lower f-stop and got that good blurry background look so your subjects would have been more isolated.

#5 has good composition, but I feel the light could have been a little more glowing and vibrant. A longer exposure would have done this photo some good.

#6 Don't know what it is, and I don't know if you put this up for critique or just for people to guess at, but if you put it up for critique also, it doesn't strike me.

#7 Cool subject, cool composition, but its lacking a punch. It seems flat and colorless.

Hope this helps you for further adventures! Good luck to you.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back