Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A very old (likely over a 100 years) toppled Bald Cypress tree's roots

Roots.jpg

Nice, my only comment would be to rotate things just slightly so that where the waterline meets the roots was as close to horizontal as possible. Then get that line to be dead center.

I think this is a shot where the symmetry around that line would work very well. It's a little thing, but for me it would make a big difference.

Nice. I'd crop it tighter on the bottom and right, but that's probably just me.

Nice, my only comment would be to rotate things just slightly so that where the waterline meets the roots was as close to horizontal as possible. Then get that line to be dead center.

I think this is a shot where the symmetry around that line would work very well. It's a little thing, but for me it would make a big difference.

I matched the horizon line to the horizon, not the root structure because I was in a moving boat which tosses some perspectives POV"s right out the door. If you look at the top of the frame, you'll see it is in alignment.

I see what you are saying, but there is so little of that line showing and it is so lost in the shadows that I think it makes more sense to level on the waterline of the roots. I honestly didn't even notice the back line you used as a reference and I even spent time on the shot in Photoshop.

Very nice. Great conversion as well.

Most reactions

Back