I am Big, I am Mike
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mikehodson.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Has anyone been following the rumor of a new Canon DSLR...the 5D?

Have only read a few threads here and there...but word is that it's supposed to be a full frame 20D...or similar....in the $3000 price range.

Of course...Canon is typically pretty tight with this kind of stuff so it's quite possibly just a false rumor with P.S.ed photos of a 20D.

I heard so too.

Here's another... it seems that Canon is going to change their EF mount with the introduction of 3 brand new models this year.

How 'bout that? :)

danalec99 said:
Here's another... it seems that Canon is going to change their EF mount with the introduction of 3 brand new models this year.

How 'bout that? :)
nooooooooo :confused:

:er:

The rumor mill says that the 5D is for real - full frame, size of a 20d, around USD 3K.

Interesting, seems like Canon may have made some miscalculations on this new venture. I was excited at first, but after reading the specs I'd rather save and get the real deal.

yeah i've known about it. it would have been nicer if it was around 2k though :D

alison, do you mean the 1dsII as the real deal? i thought this one had pretty darn good specs, very similar to the 1dsII...only cheaper, and with a larger lcd. and a few less mp...

I'll withold final judgement until the offical Canon release comes out :) So far it's a lot of speculation but nothing from Canon giving firm details or if these specs are correct. I've been using the 10D for over 2 years but I know that it will need to be replaced eventually given my market (wedding/portraits) because it gets a ton of use. Overall I think Canon tries to put out too many new products a year and I prefer to wait a few years and get a true upgrade. The FF sensor would be nice, but in my market I actually like the crop factor on my lenses so to me it's not as big of an issue as it might be to a landscape photographer. I would love to see a higher flash sync above 1/200th. The burst mode isn't a big issue to me either, but I don't see why they would consider changing their lens mounts. I'm both a Canon and Nikon family and they each have their benefits, but overall I like Nikon's marketing/design ideas over Canon's.

AlisonPower said:
Overall I think Canon tries to put out too many new products a year...
Isn't that so annoying? :)

A little cheaper would be good, but it does seem likely a good landscape and still-life camera, the 3fps is the same as my 10D definitely a little slow for sport I know first hand, I’ve been think about upgrading to the 1d II 8fps, but I sure would like a full frame for landscape

AlisonPower said:
---Overall I think Canon tries to put out too many new products a year and I prefer to wait a few years and get a true upgrade---

Funny I fell the opposition, the more new models the more they work the bugs out of the improvements. Just don’t let yourself get in mode of must having lastest gratest new model. Let some other sucker pay top dollar to be the ginning pig to test the latest model.;)

I swore I wouldn't upgrade my 10D until an affordable full framed sensor comes out. This may be it but I'd like to see the price at or under $3000. What's the deal with having 6 hidden AF points? :confused: It would be a bad move on Canon's part to change their lens system again. I can't speak for everyone but having to spend MORE money on lenses would most likely send me over to the Nikon side of the tracks. Nikon glass is really good and they've kept the mount consistant.

Jeff Canes said:
Let some other sucker pay top dollar to be the ginning pig to test the latest model.;)
hehe...

photogoddess said:
I can't speak for everyone but having to spend MORE money on lenses would most likely send me over to the Nikon side of the tracks. Nikon glass is really good and they've kept the mount consistant.

Now you're talking :p :lol:

This would be a big reason for me to stay with Canon.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back