Running out of crap to shoot -

Galaxy_Stranger

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I've got a LOT of equipment to pull out and test to check the integrity of lenses, backs, bodies and stuff and I can't think of anything to shoot that would be worth while. I'd like to at least shoot something of interest so I might luck out and get a few nice shots. I also really need to have some consistency because I'm testing the equipment.

Any ideas?

well you don't have to photograph the same stuff to get consistency, only the same type of shots, angles, focus, etc. And you can shoot at anything in your house, just use your creativity some stuff that you watch all day look great in a photo, sometimes using other stuff for framing (windows, trees, etc.)

If you have a backyard, take a trip, find some bugs.

Got a cemetery near by? Grab some infrared or BW film. Go when there's fog, a nice sunset or sunrise :)

If you have any cheap thrift stores or any in general, you may be able to find something interesting like a mask or a hat or product you want to pretend you're a commcial photographer with. But prolly at Halloween youll find masks and stuff :/

Well, we've got a cool courtyard at the apt complex, but I've been shooting those same damn statues for 2 years! And they don't move them around. The really awesome thing about these apartments is that they courtyards are inside the edifice, so with really high walls it really diffuses the sun nicely. You can get great lighting nearly every day.

But like I said, it's been done and I feel kinda creepy taking photos around people's apartments, heh.

Too bad we cant afford to vacation to nice places and take photographs there. Now then you would have endless different subjects.

When I'm outta ideas or need to brew some new ones I head to the zoo or botanical gardens. Controlled enviroments where you have plenty of time to fiddle around with stuff. Perfect for testing out new film and/or equiptment but things are always changing so you're not shooting the same old stuff but familiar enough so you're not starting from scratch everytime.

Most reactions

Back