TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.zenphotos.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
scaled.php

How am I doing with the B&W PP. CC Please

I really like the mom one. the dad one there is cut offs and they are looking out of frame and the angle isnt good for him...and the teeshirt. The one wih the mom is lovely

thank you for commenting. How is the Black and white PP? I'm trying to get better at BW. Its hard I think!

Did you use a direct flash on both of them? I like that you can see the details in the b&w but the girls face seems way over exposed and there are harsh shadows

Did you use a direct flash on both of them? I like that you can see the details in the b&w but the girls face seems way over exposed and there are harsh shadows

I think I used the on camera flash for that one. Now.. question... How do I get both subject exposed correctly? I think that Rylees face is Over Exposed but I think Johns face is exposed correctly. BTW thanks for the help. !..

i think it would be easiest to do it at time you take the shot. I think you killed it with the on camera flash. you need to diffuse or bounce or something else

I really like the second photo and I can understand the look that you are trying to achieve with the shadows and highlights. If that is the style you're going for then I think you're doing quite well. The eyes are well focused too...nice shot.

B&W is a bit all over the place with the exposure...maybe the little girl is closer to some light source which is why she comes out so much brighter...you could shoot in RAW and adjust the expose afterwards...

I dunno! I'm not an expert either lol.

Did you do much work on her eyes in the first one? They look overdone to me. Could be the exposure issue, but they don't look natural, especially when you see her below that with better lighting.

Honestly, the first one doesn't do anything for me with them both looking away and with her so close to the edge - it would be better with both of them on the left side of the image looking right instead of squished to the right looking right.

The second is much better. The background and skin tones look great together. I'm not into that much processing personally, but it's clearly the look that you were going for and it works for your style, if that makes sense. Gorgeous little girl.

Did you do much work on her eyes in the first one? They look overdone to me. Could be the exposure issue, but they don't look natural, especially when you see her below that with better lighting.

Honestly, the first one doesn't do anything for me with them both looking away and with her so close to the edge - it would be better with both of them on the left side of the image looking right instead of squished to the right looking right.

The second is much better. The background and skin tones look great together. I'm not into that much processing personally, but it's clearly the look that you were going for and it works for your style, if that makes sense. Gorgeous little girl.

Thank you for your comment. The first one. I did not do any work on the eyes. The second one.... I did minimal work on the eyes. I'm still trying to find my style. Don't know if I have one yet... :) The 2nd pic is of my daughter and I .. I set the camera on a tripod on a slight tilt. It was the first picture of me that came out halfway decent. I used my 85mm.. lens which I LOVE!

I really like the second photo and I can understand the look that you are trying to achieve with the shadows and highlights. If that is the style you're going for then I think you're doing quite well. The eyes are well focused too...nice shot.

B&W is a bit all over the place with the exposure...maybe the little girl is closer to some light source which is why she comes out so much brighter...you could shoot in RAW and adjust the expose afterwards...

I dunno! I'm not an expert either lol.

I appreciate you taking the time to comment! Sorry I haven't said thankyou sooner!

i think it would be easiest to do it at time you take the shot. I think you killed it with the on camera flash. you need to diffuse or bounce or something else

agreed!! honestly. It was sheer laziness on my part. Thank you for your comments!

Most reactions

Back