What do you guys think of my self and my friend portraits?

Jmesparza05

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Low Key Pictures I used my phone the S22 Ultra with filters of B&W and a Warm filter to give that low key type of pictures.

Also I finally just figured this out this week so I'm excited to have figured out how do it on my phone instead of buying an expensive dlsr or mirror camera.

So what do you guys think?

Some of them are out of focus. Also, the pictures have that "ghoulish" lighting effect where the light shines up creating shadows at top. You see this often in horror movies. Great if that's what you're shooting for.

Were you being questioned by federal authorities?

Use the phone as a camera. Play with ghetto lighting rather than onboard filters and FX. Might be fun and likely to lead to a different look. You asked, right?

It all might tempt you to<<gasp>>buy a camera...

Were you being questioned by federal authorities?

Use the phone as a camera. Play with ghetto lighting rather than onboard filters and FX. Might be fun and likely to lead to a different look. You asked, right?

It all might tempt you to<<gasp>>buy a camera...
Believe me if I had all the monie in the world I would buy all the necessary equipment for my photos but I can only do with what I have available.

But on Friday I'll buy a cheap LED clamp light and a small reflector.

Also I have to start small I'm still learning.

Some of them are out of focus. Also, the pictures have that "ghoulish" lighting effect where the light shines up creating shadows at top. You see this often in horror movies. Great if that's what you're shooting for.
I just like low key pictures no matter where the light comes from.

But of course I'm still learning I literally just started this week.

Believe me if I had all the monie in the world I would buy all the necessary equipment for my photos but I can only do with what I have available.

But on Friday I'll buy a cheap LED clamp light and a small reflector.

Also I have to start small I'm still learning.
Look into dollar store LED lamps, flashlights, homebrew reflectors and diffusers, snoots made from toilet paper/kitchen wrap rolls...

If you like this effect, Google "Chiaroscuro lighting". Formulated in the Renaissance, it's juxtaposition between light and shadow creates mood. It was adapted in the film noir look of the 50-60s, and later into modern cinema, where it's still used today.

If you like this effect, Google "Chiaroscuro lighting". Formulated in the Renaissance, it's juxtaposition between light and shadow creates mood. It was adapted in the film noir look of the 50-60s, and later into modern cinema, where it's still used today.
Thank you so much for this man I always thought it was called low key pictures.

Thank you so much for this man I always thought it was called low key pictures.

They are somewhat the same, but to me low key is more reduced exposure overall while Chiaroscuro puts more emphasis on the contrast between Light and shadow, with relatively sharp divisions between the two. From a film noir set awhile back.
Dark-1.jpg by William Raber, on Flickr

They are somewhat the same, but to me low key is more reduced exposure overall while Chiaroscuro puts more emphasis on the contrast between Light and shadow, with relatively sharp divisions between the two. From a film noir set awhile back.
Dark-1.jpg by William Raber, on Flickr
So there is a slight difference in the two?

So there is a slight difference in the two?
Yes especially in the shadow transitions. I should point out that a low key image doesn't mean underexposed any more than High Key means overexposed. Creating an exposure is the process of adding/subtracting light for the effect you desire.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back