Sailboats - Lake Ontario C&C

I'm not such a fan of the first one. Something about the processing, or maybe it's the border that isn't sitting well. I really like the processing and composition on the second one, though! Perhaps a little leveling of the horizon would make it even stronger?

I'm not such a fan of the first one. Something about the processing, or maybe it's the border that isn't sitting well. I really like the processing and composition on the second one, though! Perhaps a little leveling of the horizon would make it even stronger?

Thanks. A common criticism, and one that I have critic'd before, is leveling the horizon, you would think I would know better. Its amazing how you can miss these simple issues when editing.
These shots were taking with my 420mm so the boats where very far out o the lake and had some hazing from heat and water so not very sharp. Thought they would work better as B&W but don't have much experience with that conversion. I have straighten the horizon on both images and changed the edit on the first one.
For some reason I really like the vintage feel with sailboats.

Sail boats on Lake Ontario by Brent Cameron, on Flickr

Sail boats on Lake Ontario by Brent Cameron, on Flickr

I actually like the heat distortion in the images. It gives it an interesting feel. The processing is better, to me, in the first one this go around. I still think the second one is the stronger image. The processing you applied works well. The subject stands out nicely. The highlights in the water that is the foreground make it feel like it's shimmering. The sailboat in the background gives it some dimension. All in all it's a nice image.

Yeah, the mirage effect adds to these...I shot a few yesterday near the seashire, and the distortion from the airborne water was pretty strong at even 1,000 yards' distance. I think you did a good job with the two boats, in both a vertical and a horizontal frame.

I actually like the heat distortion in the images. It gives it an interesting feel. The processing is better, to me, in the first one this go around. I still think the second one is the stronger image. The processing you applied works well. The subject stands out nicely. The highlights in the water that is the foreground make it feel like it's shimmering. The sailboat in the background gives it some dimension. All in all it's a nice image.

Yeah, the mirage effect adds to these...I shot a few yesterday near the seashire, and the distortion from the airborne water was pretty strong at even 1,000 yards' distance. I think you did a good job with the two boats, in both a vertical and a horizontal frame.

Thank guys. Really appreciate the comments.

Nice Set I like them!!!

Enezdez

Most reactions

Back