Samsung NX-1

Vince.1551

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Got this from Samsung to try out. Pretty decent new contender. Wished it was full frame though,

Overall quality is superb.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415272195.212289.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got this from Samsung to try out. Pretty decent new contender. Wished it was full frame though,

Overall quality is superb.

View attachment 88818

wow, how is the image quality and the auto focus performance?
i'm very interested in this camera...

Both are great. I particularly like the build quality. It doesn't have the 'cheap' plastic feel and the lens build reminds me of Zeiss lenses. Body feels solid. Great Amoled LCD screen. Fast AF (almost couldn't feel the AF focussing) and good low light control.

I highly suspect Samyang produces their lenses for them.

And no I'm not a Samsung spokesperson lol. I merely helped them to assign a credible pro to be their ambassador and at the same time serve as their general adviser. :D

Will you do a review of the camera? You could be the first ;-).
I'm currently waiting for a good review and will likely spend my christmas bonus on it if it's rated adequately.

Wished it was full frame though,
I'm willing to bet that the backside illumination can get it even closer to "full frame" territory, as far as noise, dynamic range and color at high ISOs are concerned, than APS-C already is.

I highly suspect Samyang produces their lenses for them.
Samsung had a partnership with Schneider Kreuznach, sort of similar to Panasonic-Leica and Sony-Zeiss if I'm not mistaken. They had point-and-shoot cameras with lenses that were branded as Schneider optics. There's a possibility that the partnership still goes, and they help with the manufacturing of lenses for the NX system.
But Schneider Kreuznach is a name to be proud of. Samsung is marketing the lenses as Samsung lenses, without any mention of Schneider, so that may not be...

Hmm not sure if it's contract-manufactured by Schheider. All I can say is the glass of the 16-50mm f2.8 looks gorgeous. Almost transparent even at an angle (as you may know lower quality lenses tend to have a greyish tint due to reflection ... even branded lenses)

Given S.Koreans' investment intensity (for eg Hyundai employed Audi's chief designer and etc) I'm sure they wouldn't cut corners on their products.

Also given from history new products from S.Korea has strong market penetration capability partially due to great product quality.

It's a 28mpx sensor so to me I find that's a plus point (I like big mpx). Another plus point is the controls feels pretty firm and solid. No flimsy feel.

At this point if you ask me if I would use the camera I'll say yes as a second body. :)

[...] the 16-50mm f2.8 [...]

At this point if you ask me if I would use the camera I'll say yes as a second body. :)
Isn't that a variable f/2-2.8? I wonder what the maximum aperture is at each marked focal length (or simply 16, 24, 35 and 50), can you check that for me please when you have some time to spare? :Hail.sml:
I still won't buy it, though. At least that's what I'm trying to convince myself.

Second body? It looks pretty darn amazing for a primary! So second to what?

Hmm ok I'll try to check on the variable aperture.

Second to my D810 :D

Hmm ok I'll try to check on the variable aperture.

Second to my D810 :D

Thanks.

Oh, okay. The NX1 seems like an APS-C version of the D810, pretty much...

The first picture you posted shows the front of the lens which declares its 1:2-2.8

Ohh thanks for pointing out :D

I didn't notice lol

What I meant is what the maximum aperture is at different focal length through the zoom range, not only at 16 and 50mm, but also at say 24mm and 35mm. It doesn't matter much though, because even if it goes "only" as wide as f/2.5 at 24mm it's still better than the competitors, who usually have f/2.8 constant throughout the entire range.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back