save room for dessert

uniqueisuntrue

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
these are some of my favorite pictures in the world..
though i can't tell if the nostalgia is making me a bit biased.
i'd love feedback; the good, the bad, and the ugly.

637ebe90.jpg

aea4d750.jpg

bb8c1733.jpg

53d1afd0.jpg

ae37b531.jpg

e874fba0.jpg

9f305181.jpg

Looks like you had a wonderful day on the beach though it does not look in Photo 1 as if you were in the danger of getting a sunburn ... was it as cool as it looks with all those clouds?

(We were at the beach last weekend on Saturday and it stayed pretty cool with clouds that would not shift all morning, and then, as of 2:30h, the situation changed COMPLETELY and within minutes only ALL the clouds disappeared and gave way to a clear, blue sky with a lovely sun out, what a change in that short period of time!!!)

I really like Photo 1 here very much, and you and your feet look nicely tanned already, so you cannot have had only overcast days on the beach ;) ...

... that photo of the funny sign on that rocky jetty ... I think you should have made a decision for either of the two elements: jetty only or close-up of the sign (and that sign is worth getting a pic of its own with the elegantly-throwing-herself-into-the-waves-lady :lol: )

Photos 5 and 7 show a very common mistake in photography across large expanses of water: the horizon in both those pictures is crooked and it looks like soon enough all the water will run out of the side of your frame ;). When you get it wrong (which happens to me, too!), there is an easy means to get it back to strictly horizontal in any post processing software.

i think 1 is my favorite as well.
and as for 2; of the two weeks we were down the cape, we had about four nice sunny days but we def took advantage as best we could.

i half disagree with you on 4; i liked having both the sign and the rocks in the photo because i wanted to show the "dangerous" rocks that the sign warned of. but it would have been nice to take another photo without the sign, especially to illustrate the difference in tides.

as for 5+7, i can definitely see where i made the mistake. in 5 i was focusing more on the straightness of the jetty, and in 7 i think i was a little too distracted by the beach grass. thanks for the thoughts on these ones in particular; i am really going to be comsidering these details in the future.

:eek:)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back