Saying Goodbye....

sillyphaunt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.bugshots.net
My husband left on Saturday to start a deployment in Iraq for 10-11 months. I took a bunch of pictures on Friday at our "goodbye", but most of them didn't end up too good because of the horrible lighting at the drill center. I just wanted to share a few. They're not the best pictures technically, but they mean something to me.

goodbye2.jpg

goodbye3.jpg

goodbye4.jpg

goodbye5.jpg

goodbye6.jpg

The third one, b+w and backlit, is very nice. Full of emotion. No wonder they mean much to you, sillyphaunt!!! 10-11 months... that is a looooong time! With your little one still so young...
Thank you for sharing these!!!!!

I agree, that b&w one is really powerful. I love how the baby is looking right at the camera.

That is a long time, I can only imagine how scary this is for you. :(

Thank you for sharing these with us, they are very powerful!
I will be praying for him to return safely with a completed mission! :D

These are all great considering what was going on at the time. I don't think I would have been able to hold a camera straight!

Hang in there and know that you have people here to help you get through the next year.

:hug:

Yeah, we are here! I believe many of use would help out in any way possible if you asked. Thank your husband for me, I'm too broken (physically) to be of any help so I have to rely on people like him.

OH! Number 3 is amazing!

The b&w photo is very powerful indeed! My thoughts and prayers go with all the brave souls in our military.

Love the 3rd and 5th. What a difficult time for your family, please know we are all here for you and thankful of what your family has given up for our country.

AlisonS said:
Love the 3rd and 5th. What a difficult time for your family, please know we are all here for you

Yes, agreed. Terrible thing to have to go through.

and thankful of what your family has given up for our country.

Gag. Let's not pretend this war means anything other than rich and powerful people finding ways to get more rich, okay? Which sucks for both Iraqis and Americans.

Yes, thank your husband for his dedication to our country and to you for your sacrifice! :salute:

Thank you all for your kind comments.

Gag. Let's not pretend this war means anything other than rich and powerful people finding ways to get more rich, okay? Which sucks for both Iraqis and Americans.

I would reply, but the simple fact that you don't have the decency to keep your opinions to yourself in an obviously emotional situation where opinions were not needed or even wanted tells me that you're not the type of person worth replying to anyway.

sillyphaunt said:
Thank you all for your kind comments.

I would reply, but the simple fact that you don't have the decency to keep your opinions to yourself in an obviously emotional situation where opinions were not needed or even wanted tells me that you're not the type of person worth replying to anyway.

Alright, that was very insensitive. I'm really sorry for that. I was just trying to separate sympathy for you and the very scary situation you're in from support for an awful war, the two are blurred too often. The war is terrible.

Most reactions

Back