scaling question

graigdavis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have photoshop 5 rite now. Does anyone know if you can do mass scaling? I have about 200 pictures that I want to resize and save. Do I have to do it one picture at a time, or is there some way to scale them all down at once?

Thanks

In addition to making an action, go to file/automate/batch, and select the action, and set the source and destination folders. I'm not 100% this is available in PS 5. If it is, it will save you from having to run the action manually. It will run it on each image while you sit back and smoke a cig :p

www.irfanview.com

I do most of my batch processing with Irfanview. You can resize or rename hundreds of files in seconds. There are several Lossless jpg functions as well. With the new version (3.92) you can crop to 8x10 or any size you want as well as have text (file name, EXIF data) individually or in batch. Color, brightness and other filters and effect are a part of the package as well. Oh, and did I mention it's FREE! I do most of my editing in Irfanview and do the fine tuning and special effects in CorelDRAW. Check it out, it's better than most paid for apps.

You can also batch resize with ACDSee 6. It's REALLY simple and even tho I have Photoshop it takes awhile to run the PS automate. With ACDSee, it's MUCH faster.

M

Most reactions

New Topics

Back