Scanning.

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by myincentive_isromance, Oct 5, 2005.

1. myincentive_isromance

myincentive_isromance TPF Noob!

Hello, I am looking for some help on film scanning. Im using the "Epson Stylus Photo RX620" and it has the film scanning feature, it seems to be a main feature on this printer/scanner. I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to use it properly? i've read the manual and it doesn't help. The quality isn't that great and I'm honestly not sure how it works. If anyone knew? that would be great. Thanks Gavin.

2. Dweller

Dweller Inconspicuous Supporter

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Can you post some examples of the problems you are seeing? Maybe then someone will be able to offer more specific advice.

I am on a mission to get better wuality scans too and one thing that was reccomended to me is some software called VueScan but I have not tested it yet and do not know if it would help with the problems you are having.

3. Marctwo

Marctwo TPF Noob!

Vuescan rocks! But read the user guide no matter how cool and experienced you think you are. ;)

For best results, use it as a preprocessor and do your main processing in PS.