Scenic Astrophotography help.

iter_ursus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm new to the photography world and I want to capture some really great scenic shots of the environment along with the beautiful lit night sky. I finally decided to get a DSLR. I was recommended on getting the Canon d60 or Canon d60a. I think the price for both of these is quite fair. Is there a better camera besides the 2 I mentioned, that can help a beginner who wants to make this a long term hobby. I really like how in some pictures you can see cloud like clusters of stars. Is that something the camera can see that our eyes cant?
I do a lot of traveling and hiking as well and would like to use the same camera for day and night shots as well. He did mention the Mark III but I'm not down to throw down 3 grand yet. Maybe in the future.

Actually, yes there is. It's Nikon's new D810A, especially adapted for astro-photography. That said, it's pricey, and unless you're reallllllly into the stars, a bit of an over-investment. Chances are almost any DSLR on the market will do the job you need.

I dont think the d810a (or the 60Da) is needed at all for landscape astrophotography. For deep sky, I think they would be useful. I had a 60d and it did not handle high iso/noise well at all, so I wouldn't recommend the 60d/a for landscape astrophotography.

There are tons of threads on this subject here (usually like one a week), so if you search for astrophotography in the forum you'll find plenty of answers to your questions. There is also tons of information a google search away

Most reactions

New Topics

Back