Screen problem-- computer whizzes?

cherrymoose

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
For the last couple days my laptop screen has been, well, screwed up.

There's these blueish horizontal lines covering the entire bottom portion of my screen, from the bottom to about 3 inches up. I tried taking a screen shot, but it turned out normal looking.

It's finally starting to frustrate me-- I can click on whatever is along the bottom portion (ie: the task bar, the clock) , but I can't see it. So I don't know where whatever I want to click on is.

Any ideas? :confused:

(The laptop is a Dell Inspiron 6000).

all i can tell you is that if you take a screen shot and it doesnt show the errors, its a problem with the screen. a screen shot only shows you what the computer is displaying, not what you might see on the monitor. if i remember correctly, if you had a video card problem, a screen shot would show that. the computer doesnt actually know what the monitor is showing. it only know the information its sending to it, not what youre seeing. i hope that makes sense....

i dont know what the exact problem with the screen could be though.

Well to me it sounds like the screen is broken. :( I've seen dozens of damaged screens at school, since every kid is issued a laptop, and they all have lines running through them. :(

Thank you both for the information. I researched it a bit more and found out that I can get the screen replaced, which costs about $300, but it seems to be a continuous problem with this brand of laptop and usually happens again in 18 months or so.

So I'm thinking of buying a new laptop... any suggestions, for something durable (but cheap enough)?

ya it sounds like you know when you break like an ipod screen or watch or watever i think its like you bumped it or something

Most reactions

New Topics

Back