SD Card issue

avil

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Have an SD card that will not read. I put the card into the USB reader and it won't mount or ID. Will not ID back in the camera. Their are some shots on the disk I want to retrieve. Any utility out their that can repair the directory on the card so it will mount and I can retrieve the info. I know its a long shot. Thanks.

Go to the card makers web site as a start. They should have a recovery program you can download.

Google will pull up several others if you want to go that route.

Always format the card in the device it will be used in. Works like a charm.

I have several disk recovery programs but they won't work unless the disk will actual mount. I tried it on a MAC and the disk utility will actually see it and read the San disk ID but it will not let me mount it or run the verification. Strange. Will try the San Disk website.

did you by chance lock the card?
just something to double check on

Actually this card has video footage on it. I actually looked at all the info on the disk and know everything is recorded properly. Somehow in the transfer process something got corrupted and now the disk will not mount yet the MAC disk utility reads it's ID. If it had physical damage I am sure the utility would not read the Disk ID. If I can just get it to mount I can retrieve the info and restore from their. Thanks.

Glad to hear that you have got the problem solved. thanks

Make sure it isn't locked. I know someone else already stated but could be that simple.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back