Sealed by Fire (x2)

Purified

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
purified.smugmug.com
Hey! I'm relatively a beginner at photography, but I think I've got promising talent. I only got a nice enough camera at the end of December, but ever since I've been seriously contemplating a major in photography when I get to college. Well, I have two versions of this piece... I was thinking of entering it to win a small scholarship.. but I need to pick the best one.

IMG_0942.jpg

flame11.jpg

I think I like the first better...as marsha said the fire is better in the second, but the first seems to tell more of a story. What bothers me about the first in the upper right hand corner and whatever is in the background...maybe if you could crop it out that would help, but I like the composition much better in the first!!! Looks like you're headed down the right road in choosing photography as a major :) Good luck with the scholarship!!

I like the first one as well. To me it looks like the fire was used as more of a tool in the first pic whereas in the second it was just placed in the scene.

I really like your creativity. I don't like how the fire is centered in the second one and as mentioned above, in the first one the distracting right background.

I say recompose (if you can) and combine the two. Do a potrait shot so you can see most of the writting (like the first one), but compose closer to the seal (like the second) so you get the details and try to get the flame to look like the second as well.

Good luck with the scholarship and repost if you change anything.

The first pic the viewer would have no clue that the splatters are wax. If it were me, I would choose the second.

I like the detail in the second and the composition of the first. I agree with Themonko, might be good to try a reshoot if you can. If you can't, I would go for the second, the detail and lighting is better there I feel.

I like the detail in the second and the composition of the first. I agree with Themonko, might be good to try a reshoot if you can. If you can't, I would go for the second I feel the detail and lighting there is better.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back