searching

JonMikal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
17218679-L.jpg

thanks for looking

Dramatic subject. Great capture. I really enjoy these kids. They seem out of place. A little like punks. You know they are looking for there pop or pop pop or someone who was important to them. Which is what this wall is all about; paying respect for generations and generations.

Or they are school kids being bored during the mandatory class trip. Post all the details!

excellent.excellent.excellent.

awesome shot!
I wonder if they clean that wall everyonce in a while.... It looks shiney... haha

Great capture. I love that you mainly see their backs and the reflections add so much to the story as well. The b/w conversion was very well done!

thanks everyone.

actually, i happened upon this result messing around in PS. i've tried to retrace my steps and came up with this:

-create a hue and sat layer making no adjustments
-create another hue and sat layer changing blending mode to color and adjusting sat to -100
-i returned to the initial layer and adjusted the hue to +27

i've come across another more lengthy process that has awesome b&w results and will post soon. :mrgreen:

Craig, "Looking for their Pop or Pop Pop..." ????? I have never heard someone say Pop Pop when talking about a relative. Is this Pop Pop supposed to be Great Grandfather??

BTW JonMikal, Fan-frickin'-tastic shot as usual mate. I'm a big fan of remembrance style shots when done properly, as they can be so powerful and emotive.

JonMikal said:
thanks everyone.

actually, i happened upon this result messing around in PS. i've tried to retrace my steps and came up with this:

-create a hue and sat layer making no adjustments
-create another hue and sat layer changing blending mode to color and adjusting sat to -100
-i returned to the initial layer and adjusted the hue to +27

i've come across another more lengthy process that has awesome b&w results and will post soon. :mrgreen:

Wow, sounds complex... I really need to learn me some PS skills! That and I really need to get a better version than Elements...

Another gorgeous shot. Love the way your eye is immediately drawn to the reflection. Very nice.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back