Second photo excursion to Hamburg (II)

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
As per aprilraven's request (and my itch to show you ;) ) here comes the second part of my new Hamburg photos.

Some explanations beforehand: the Old Warehouse District is quite old, and the port was in this area until some .... don't know, maybe 70 years ago? Ships came up to here and had their different landing pools. Those have now moved further west and have also changed appearance, for containers are THE big method of loading cargo these days. No news, I know.

So now parts of those old pools are filled up with material and an all new housing scheme is in the process of being built right to the south of the Warehouse District. The first "row" has been finished:

HH08.jpg

HH09.jpg

HH10.jpg

HH11.jpg

At the tip of this part of land where these new houses were built, we had the view across the yacht harbour towards the museum and restaurant boats at the Old Gangways, and believe it or not: at this point my husband wanted to turn around and GO BACK HOME!

HH12.jpg

But I wailed, "Noooo! We'll miss the most beautiful of sunsets if we now go back home", so he went along with me to the Old Gangways and ... wait for part 3 then ;).

ha ha ha!! I'm glad you convinced him to stay. This looks like a great area to roam around in! :thumbup:

So you all like my Hamburg-photos then?
Well, say so ;).
And if you don't ... say so, too, hm? ;)

OK, I ask you a specific question about these here:
How do you like the composition of the first of this series?

And a second one:
Which one of these is your personal favourite?

I really like all of the repetition in all of the pictures. The reflections are really nice too...nice set. :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back