Second photo excursion to Hamburg (III)

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I could pursuade my husband to not turn around and go home BEFORE we would get to see the sun setting beyond Hamburg Port and on we walked from the Old Warehouse District and its new addition, the Harbour Town, towards the Old Gangways.

On our way we saw this little Harbour Police Station and the Fire Boat, while the light turned more and more golden...

HH13.jpg

... and this big ship in the dry dock of Bloom & Voss and other parts of the port beyond:

HH14.jpg

The "Underground" which clearly goes above ground here was tinted in a way it rarely is:

HH15.jpg

The sun went more and more down, but it was still yellow, casting some very golden light onto everything:

HH16.jpg

The closer we get to the Old Gangways, the further it is down...

HH17.jpg

HH18.jpg

... making everything gleam as if made of of gold

HH19.jpg

After I got this one, I said to my husband: OK, I put the cameras away now, NOW we can go home:

HH20.jpg

But when we turned around, we got to see THIS (and out had to come the camera AGAIN! ;) )

HH21.jpg

That rounds the tour up for today.
I hope you like it.
If you want to see some other photos, more detailed, let me know. They are here :D.

That was fun - I looked at the entire series here. :)

Really nice job on #6 - looks lovely. And the last one looks so peaceful, too.

Fun series!

Nice series. It's amazing how fast the sun sets at this time of year.

The whole series is great (I, II, III). The photos in this thread are my favorite though! I really enjoy how the bright red boat stands out.

Hamburg is a beautiful city, and it's got many different aspects, not only the big port area. Do come back one day Dwaynejo! :)

And I see you like that little fire boat? Yes, I think this one turned out nicely, too. So did the one in print, although my SLR (with the 70-300mm lens) is not making me overly happy these days.

LaFoto what type of canon do you own?
i have a 350d with a 70-300mm lens... i have trouble with night shots alot of the time

Mine's the EOS 500N (35mm) with a Sigma 70-300mm lens, and it has been to Canon Germany for repair and has not been the same after that. But I now begin to think it is not the camera, it is the lens, indeed, for it seems to work ok with the kit lens (28-80mm).

I have dropped hints here, there, everywhere to my "inbuilt Father Christmas" (husband) about a 350D... maybe it will work. We shall see ;)

haha nice, hope you score the 350 =)

ever try another lens on it?? (70-300) ?

No, but I'll go see my sister this coming weekend and we shall try her 400mm lens on it...

Back to the topic: anyone else likes my Hamburg Gateways in the setting sun photos? ;)

I like these photos a lot! I really wish I could take photos once like these.

Can you maybe explain, how did you took the 4., 8. and the 9. (last) photo? Tipps like:
- which part of the photo did you take for light metering
- aperture or shutter priority (with values) or everything manual
- zoom - no zoom
- post digital imaging (how)
- etc

Thanks a lot!
cumi

LaFoto!! These are stunning!! The lighting is amazing! and I love how the haze really brings out the golden colour.

#2 is probably my favourite... but I like them all. Especially like those weird crane things!! Almost look likke they're out of "War of the World"!

Has anyone else noticed that Lafoto's photos have gotten about a billion times better in the past few months?! Not that they weren't good before hun, they were great... but there's something really special in your shots lately! :hug::

Oh, erm ... thank you :blushing:
I don't know what I am doing differently now... ?

And cumi, I shall come back to your questions! They are not forgotten.
Only today I feel a bit tired...

2 and 6 are my faves - great stuff. Counterpointing warm diffuse light with harsh crane lines is a great way to show a balanced image. Agree with Meysha - you're getting really good now - keep it up.

Rob

Most reactions

New Topics

Back