Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sobek5150

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
community.webshots.com
Hey everyone! I hope all is well and that one of you will be able to answer a question. As the thread's title suggests, my question is: What is the difference between SD and CF? Besides the obvious size difference, are there others that make one better than the other? This is just one of the many areas of comparison I've been attempting to make between camera's recently. If anyone could enlighten me, I would be grateful. Happy shooting.

I believe that CF can have faster read/write speeds, larger capacity. SD cards are smaller and I like them because I can pop them right in my laptop or TV.

I think it is silly reason to choose a camera. Choose a camera for a good reason and then use whatever media it needs.

I think it is silly reason to choose a camera. Choose a camera for a good reason and then use whatever media it needs.

It would be a silly reason to purchase a camera solely based on what media type it takes, agreed. Yet I believe when purchasing an item, one should look into all of its features. By stating it was one of the "many areas of comparison" I felt it was accepted that I wasn't purchasing solely on the difference in storage device. Also, I think its important to clear up that when I don't know the difference between items and ask a question, I look forward to helpful answers, not comments based on assumptions. Thank you ericande for your description. I thought as much.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back