seeking software editing reviews/advice

courtyjean04

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone, My name is Courtney. I'm just starting out in photography. I would like to know what everyone's opinion/recommendations are on photo editing with green screen. I'd hate to spend the money on an expensive program to find it unsatisfactory.
Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hi and welcome to the forum,
what is your goal with green screen? For photography shooting on white and then isolating the person/object is usually the preferred option when it comes to best quality. However, there are some complete systems you can get for greenscreen photography - I´ve seen that once on the photokina - worked pretty well.
For Video greenscreen is usually much better.
Whichever you choose - if you want to exchange the background it is important to get the light from the right direction (the same it would be if you stood in the background you chose) and the angle of both images similar to get a rather natural look.

Last edited:
If you have a Mac, I suggest you take look at Affinity Pro. It's pretty darn good and you can do green screen work with it. Plus it's $39 and free upgrades, no monthly fees ala Photoshop.

If the only thing you want to do is just green screen work (i.e.: you have other options for editing or aren't doing sophisticated editing), than look at the options Derrel mentioned or take a look at this: Green Screen Wizard - Green Screen Software Product Information

If you have a Mac, I suggest you take look at Affinity Pro. It's pretty darn good and you can do green screen work with it. Plus it's $39 and free upgrades, no monthly fees ala Photoshop.

If the only thing you want to do is just green screen work (i.e.: you have other options for editing or aren't doing sophisticated editing), than look at the options Derrel mentioned or take a look at this: Green Screen Wizard - Green Screen Software Product Information
$200.00 is pretty expensive for a single tasker like Green Screen in my opinion when PS or Affinity would do the job.

Hi everyone, My name is Courtney. I'm just starting out in photography. I would like to know what everyone's opinion/recommendations are on photo editing with green screen. I'd hate to spend the money on an expensive program to find it unsatisfactory.
Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Since you say you are just starting out I would suggest you first perfect your photographic skills before try to learn to manipulate them Rememver that old computer adage, 'Garbage in -> Garbage out'

$200.00 is pretty expensive for a single tasker like Green Screen in my opinion when PS or Affinity would do the job.
The $200 is for the pro version. For just portraits, it's $49.

The $200 is for the pro version. For just portraits, it's $49.
Only saw the pro vision, perhaps because that's what they push he hardest. Still $49 would pay for Affinity and be a useful multi-tasking piece of software.

A common problem those new to using a green screen is green reflected back from the screen onto the subject because their subject was way to close to the screen.

Also many use a blue screen rather than a green screen.

I would highly recommend Adobe Creative Cloud, you can buy a single software subscription or can go for the full package. Adobe After Effects is great for keying out green screen footage and I would also highly recommend checking out Andrew Kramer at Video Copilot for heaps of fantastic tutorials including a few on keying.

Link: VIDEO COPILOT | After Effects Tutorials, Plug-ins and Stock Footage for Post Production Professionals

Kind Regards,

Mark
Andrew Kramer and Video Copilot are very, very cool ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back