shortpballer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dossantoslemone.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
audreycool.jpg

Awesome first time in my opinion. My biggest gripes would be with the strands of hair left on the right side, both top and far right and on the bottom left towards the jaw. I honestly hate to be nit-picky due to my extreme greenness involved in photography, but they stand out to me.

Efit: There's a stripey-line above the right shoulder in the photo that I'm not sure about.

Yea it was my first try... I found out there is a better way to do it than the way I did it. Maybe next time I'll try that way its a longer process though...

I this a self portrait? .......and yes it is relevant. LOL

Hmmm
"selective colouring" is not new - and probably not that fashionable these days... But you probly thought you were the very first person to try this...
Not a particularly good effort...
Lens distortion is too obvious...
The girl looks like she is in a goldfish bowl...
Don't show the model this... It is not that flattering...
Jedo

Hmmm
"selective colouring" is not new - and probably not that fashionable these days... But you probly thought you were the very first person to try this...
Not a particularly good effort...
Lens distortion is too obvious...
The girl looks like she is in a goldfish bowl...
Don't show the model this... It is not that flattering...
Jedo

i totally understand giving constructive critisim.. but how does this help at all.. there is no where in the OP's post where he indicates that he thinks he created this idea.. infact, there have been a lot of posts on here lately about selective coloring.. so obviously the OP saw them and thought "i think i'll give that a try"

and no, its not the best try in the world, but the OP said it was a first try, just to make sure it would work.. yes, he probably shouldnt have posted it, if its just a test.. but still, this post doesnt help him in anyway...

why is it that there is always someone in the forum who has to be useless in a thread.. every thread here seems to have something.. just last night I read a post where the op was looking for advice.. and someones reply was "the lack of capitals in your post is not cool or professional" i mean seriously, who cares... its a forum, not a grammar class..

why cant people just offer constructive critism here that actually helps.. yes, we all say things that dont help, for sure, but how does ""selective colouring" is not new - and probably not that fashionable these days... But you probly thought you were the very first person to try this..." help in any way..??

why is it that there is always someone in the forum who has to be useless in a thread.. every thread here seems to have something.. just last night I read a post where the op was looking for advice.. and someones reply was "the lack of capitals in your post is not cool or professional" i mean seriously, who cares... its a forum, not a grammar class..

I agree with everything you said in your post except this part quoted above. Did you read the OPs response to being called out on his lack of capitalizations? He said:

"you sir are correct. it is being too lazy :)"

It shows a lack of caring about what your posting. I always do my best to use proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc. It looks better. It doesn't take much time to hit the shift key once a sentence. And most importantly, you're more likely to get responses from people (I will typically skip over posts where someone couldn't be bothered to take the extra 30 seconds to at least make an attempt at making their post look like it was posted by an adult, and not a 7 year old). You can call me a jerk, or whatever you want, but when I'm met with a wall of text that has little or no punctuation, no capitalization, entire words (and phrases!) are replaced by single letters, my first reaction is, "They couldn't take the time to actually make a nice looking post, so I can't take the time to reply." The difference for me is, I won't call someone out on it, I just won't reply.

So to answer your question, I care.

Don't know that I'm crazy about the picture, but I think you did a good job on the selective coloring. There are a lot of people around where I live that still like the selective coloring. With a lot of Senior pictures, people are requesting the selective coloring and I just had a request for a wedding ring photo to be selectivly colored.

i totally understand giving constructive critisim.. but how does this help at all.. there is no where in the OP's post where he indicates that he thinks he created this idea.. infact, there have been a lot of posts on here lately about selective coloring.. so obviously the OP saw them and thought "i think i'll give that a try"

and no, its not the best try in the world, but the OP said it was a first try, just to make sure it would work.. yes, he probably shouldnt have posted it, if its just a test.. but still, this post doesnt help him in anyway...

why cant people just offer constructive critism here that actually helps.. yes, we all say things that dont help, for sure, but how does ""selective colouring" is not new - and probably not that fashionable these days... But you probly thought you were the very first person to try this..." help in any way..??

You're on a forum and that's the way it is. Get over it. Does your response help the op any more than his?

As far as this not being a grammar class you are right. But are you telling us that only on forums you don't bother with good English? Guess what. When I see response like yours I usually skip them. When I go to a website with bad English, I click away. Hand me a 5 page contract without a capital and I'll give it right back to you and find a photographer who can write English.

So, this may not be a grammar class, but bad grammar and bad language overall is never going to help you because most people still know how to write.

Most reactions

Back