Self Portrait

sublimelbc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I like the concept but im not sure how this one came out. Long exposure in the 10 second range.

Yes. Concept is good, outcome is, too.
We don't see too much of you, but I don't think that was the concept in the first place, either, now was it?

Cool use of available light ... and if I were your mom, I'd say: tidy up your desk at last, dump that can and put the bag of pretzels back into the pantry. ;)

We don't see too much of you, but I don't think that was the concept in the first place, either, now was it?

Not sure i know what you mean, and yes this is only my second day browsing the forum. Everybody else around me is tired of looking at my pictures and i'm tired of hearing "cool" and "nice," so i found this place and decided to take advantage.

Oops. Got my English wrong.
I meant to say that seeing so little of you in your self-portrait was part of your concept, too, wasn't it? Else you would have planned this photo differently from the very start.
So we see you as your reflection on your computer screen, yet we don't see too much of you, for the light that also reflects shone onto you right from above, illuminating mostly your white t-shirt, but creating a shadow on your face.
So we see you and don't, yet see part of your daily surroundings in great detail. It is an interesting concept! One that I like!

I like your idea of self portrait! Keep working on the idea, and you might end up with an selfportrait that say more about you than any regular portrait does! Thank for posting, I dig the idea!

Most reactions

Back