Self printing vs buying prints

Now I look really funny. The thread was moved from darkroom forum to digital forum, so it looks, like I am venturing in wrong space. Oh my...

That's sorta my fault, I think. Evidently, at about the same time that you posted your comment, I had just "reported" the thread to have it moved to a more appropriate section.

It IS a good reminder though, that the "report" function is there NOT just to report people being ugly or inappropriate--it's also a great way to get a mod to zero in on a thread that needs to be moved, among other things.

Now I look really funny. The thread was moved from darkroom forum to digital forum, so it looks, like I am venturing in wrong space. Oh my...

That's sorta my fault, I think. Evidently, at about the same time that you posted your comment, I had just "reported" the thread to have it moved to a more appropriate section.

It IS a good reminder though, that the "report" function is there NOT just to report people being ugly or inappropriate--it's also a great way to get a mod to zero in on a thread that needs to be moved, among other things.
That's OK man. You did the right thing, it is a digital discussion. My last post was to ensure, that I am not seen as ranting in wrong place. So I did and enough. Next time it will be me pressing the report button to send the thread to the right place. :1219:

Home printing completes the photographic cycle from vision to final product

This is why I print at home. I like to just do it all. I use a Canon printer with Canon ink, Epson paper 11mil. I have 8- 1/2 x 11's from 20 years ago still look great. If I want an image bigger than 8- 1/2 x 11 though than I do send it out.

Personally I do both. If it is the everyday family snapshot, vacation, etc. photo I send them out for printing. If it is a rush job for someone else I will send them out for printing. If it is for me for more special work I will print them myself so I get exactly the look I want.

Thank you for your answers. I think its not worth for me to get a r3000 like printer. We do printing on the spot sometimes but never greater than A4 which is 21x29cm (8to11 inch or so). When printing on the spot the quality of a standard photo printer is good enough. I might get a extra sub dye printer to make 4x6 inch prints though. Prints are little expensive but quality is (i think) better than a std photo printer?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back