Selfie LOL

dannylightning

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I got one of those remote shutter releases and figure a selfie would be a good way to try it out, it also made me realize i need to burn off some extra fat.

DSC_1183.jpg

Yeah, I have not been flying my helicopters that much this year though. Its a small world.

That's cool, I have always liked photography, but i did not have a nice camera for he last several years, decided to pick one up again, I am glad i did.

...and maybe watch your background...

In the house there is not really any places where junk wont be in the background.

I was trying to figure out the live view on my camera which does not seem to give you a meter for light and the live screen looks like its set up properly till you snap the photo and see how under or over exposed it is.

I was playing with the remote shutter release and it seems to work pretty well.

It works for a progress photo for the bodybuilding forums, I am not really a bodybuilder i just enjoy lifting weights but once a month you should take a progress photo according to the bodybuilders, so why not.

I was kind of interested to see what people would say about the lighting, I have two of those 10 dollar clamp on lights from the hardware store pointed up at the ceiling, I notice if i turn on the ceiling light photos look all washed out but i have the same light in the ceiling light as the clamp on lights. I don't know much about lightning but those seem to work pretty well

The lighting is actually pretty decent for really cheap lights like that.

I got the light and the bulbs at harbor freight, I think the bulbs are almost as good as those natural day light bulb they make for photography and the light is a nice soft light as long as its bouncing off the ceiling and looks somewhat natural, the bulbs were around 10 bucks for a pack of 6. I think if I had one more of those lights it would brighten up the room to just the right amount.

We have really bad lightning in the house, I decided to pick up some inexpensive lighting for shooting you tube videos and i have been pretty happy with them. I just wish there was a room in the house where there was not a bunch of distracting things in the background, I just rent a room from someone so i cant do much about that. I been trying to save some money up to buy a house so one day I might have a good room for that kind of thing.

In the house there is not really any places where junk wont be in the background.
Then you have to improvise. Find any piece of fabric that you can stretch out to fill the frame. It doesn't have to be fancy.

Celestial%20Beam-setup-XL.jpg

Then you have to have enough distance between you and the background so that light doesn't show off all the warts.

Celestial%20Beam-27-XL.jpg

Viola, not more distracting junk in the background.

i think the only place i could really stretch fabric like that is in the basement, i could probably make that work. not sure if my lighting will work down there though.

Seeing as how I'm a poor family man, I'd like to hear more about these lights. Do you happen to have a picture you could post of the Harbor Freight lights/bulbs you are using? I've been considering looking more into lighting gear but can't justify the expense right now. This sounds like it might be a good option for some experimentation, etc. until I can justify/afford truly studio quality gear.

I'm wondering how a light like that might look through a softbox or umbrella (reflected or shoot through)...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back