selling my photos

err how do you mean?
are you looking for online companies that will sell your photos for you (like stock companies) or the others which provide a basic website stucture to base your site around and then might also do all the order, printing and shipment components?
Or are you looking more personal, such as where to advertise locally, who to contact and where to try selling?

You need to provide more information as to what you are looking for in a service as well as state what sort of photography it is that you intend to be selling - a country of origin also helps matters.

Don't forget there might also be legal and tax issuse to consider as well

im in virginia and I want to be more personal and would like to know who to contact

you didnt need to post mulitple threads.

I replied to the other thread.

Dont expect anyone will give you personal info for you to contact them, however you can use the PM function to privatly email through the site.

How can we recomend some one with out knowing the basics of what you are doing, how can some one offer to help you with out knowing exactly what kind of thing you are trying to sell-as you are probably aware photography is a big busines

yes I realize this I take photos of anything and everything and many of them are very good and I want to share this talent but dont know where to start

well first off you have to work out what sort of photography business you are making/marketing as different types will require a different approach. A Key area is setting yourself up with a good website to display your works and then also making some business cards - these you can hand out to people and willl direct them to your website.
You also have to consdier if you are just selling photos or if you are going to be taking photos for people (like portrates and family groups).
Ontop of all this there are legal considerations - are you setting up a proper business - if so then you need registration and other things to be done.

We really need you to say more before we can start to help

what sort of photographer are you marketing yourself as?
what type of photography are you selling?
who is your target market (ie who are you looking to sell to)
is this just a side business or are you looking to make it a primary earner

what sort of photographer are you marketing yourself as?
what type of photography are you selling?
who is your target market (ie who are you looking to sell to)
is this just a side business or are you looking to make it a primary earner

not to take photos for people but to sell photos of what I want to sell
everything
anyone who will buy
just a side business
but I dont want to do stock photos or sell em on line

So your just selling locally - well your best bet would be to print off and mount in a frame - some examples of your best work and then try setting up a stall at a local fair, sale event - making sure to have both stock in hand at the event and also business cards with your email on them - so that buyers can walk away with contact details.
You could also consider printing off postcards and selling them in local shops - talking with the managers concerning what the cards would look like, pricing and the rest.

Of course all this printing might or might not be possible for you so look into printing labs (either local or through the internet) which would be able to print quality products for you.

:pimp:

i keep mine in a long black trench coat..... i usually stand just inside a dark alley and solicit unsuspecting passerbys...

"psssst.... hey you.... ..... comere...wanna buy some top quality photos?"

Most reactions

Back