Senior Project!! Help!

ReKooH

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
nightdaycafe.proboards104.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Alright im a Senior and go to a Project based school and need to do a Senior Project.. Well iv Decided to do my project on photography.. Not taking pictures but more of the history/Careers Ect. side.

Heres what i have planned so far:

Famous Photos
Explain how the photo was taken and whats going on in the photo and What lead up to the event happing in the photo.

Careers
That can be pursued in photography and the schooling it takes to go with it

History
Learn about where photography got it roots from and the history of the old school cameras

Photoshop
Learn some Basic and advanced skills in photoshop

Now the questions I have for you any thing else you would want me to cover? ill take any suggestions and i Figured using this to expand my own skills in photography.

Thanks, Cody

Maybe some miles stones, and shortcomings that have(or not) advanced the industry, but try to stay away from the film or digital debate, unless you want a really, really long project!

I don't want to be a jerk or anything but why don't you do your own homework.

He is JIP, he was just asking if anything is being omitted.

My two cents..... I am assuming a paper/presentation of some sort as you didn't specify.

Start with the history section starting from the earliest times of photography working your way forward. Within each time period, feature either a photographer or equipment (camera) of historical significance. This will help break up the "history" lesson a bit.. help with flow.. and keep things moving without being too dry.

Then move on to talk about careers in photography or careers that involve photography (journalism, graphic arts, movies etc.)

Then move on to the basics of how modern camera works and how to use it. End this section with a comparison of 35mm film to how digital has changed the world of photography. At this point, you are in a good position to start talking about the other half of digital photography... photoshop.

You can also post in this thread requesting suggestions on famous people and equipment to include in your history section.... I'll start...

Early photographer: Andre Kertesz
Person/equipment: Oskar Barnack and his Leica.
Later photographer: Robert Capa, the indiana jones of war photography.
equipment: Asahiflex, early 35mm slr. Early entrance by the Japanese.
Later equipment: Minolta 7000 - the first Auto focus camera to be marketed.
You can also include how the Japanese made there early entrance and how they impacted photography technology.

Good luck... just my two cents...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back