sensor cleaning 30D

Used 10D I bought last year on eBay - Before
clean10d-1.jpg

Cleaned: first time using the kit,
Note that much of the junk was wiped over to one side.
clean10d-2.jpg

New pad, cleaned again.
Getting better
clean10d-3.jpg

Third Cleaning, one new spot, one smeared spot.
Time to just leave it alone. :lol:
clean10d-4.jpg

I'd say this was a success?

Below is Before and After, half the sensor, side by side.
Don't know what the blobs are? They don't appear to harm the photos I take. Test shots used Blank monitor screen.

clean10d-ba.jpg

This is scarry
and it tells me that I should leave my one spot alone.
By the way at what frequenct do you clean the sensor, I mean you allow so much dust to accumulated before attempting cleaning?

I use the Rocket Blower a lot, and I get good results. For a more thorough cleaning, I would recommend the Arctic Butterfly. I havent used it yet, but I have heard from other users that its good if you be careful and follow the instructions. I am going to get one when I have the chance. Most of the time, if dust spots are a problem, I just clone them out in PS.

Have you ever had instance that your rocket blower has increased dust on sensor. I read that you may sometimes increase dust on sensor this way as you are going to disturb those dust which is sitting quietly in the compartment. Have you ever needed to use anything other than blower?

Look, this isn't Open-Heart surgery. The sensor is not exposed, it is actually behind a piece of glass. Use common sense, don't jab your swabs in there, but don't be afraid either. If you have half a brain you're not going to kill your camera. Of COURSE the companies are going to want to avoid any liability - there are some serious idiots out there.

The Visible Dust kit - with the liquid and the swabs as well as that Arctic Butterfly brush - as well as some blowing - works really well for me. I own several dSLRs, including a Canon D60 and a 5D, as well as a Leica M8 digital Rangefinder. These are very fancy cameras worth a LOT, and you can bet I'm not going to be reckless with them. I clean my sensors whenever they need it, which is usually every six weeks. Oh, and I change lenses a lot.

Great, thanks. I have almost all info that I needed. I have great news, none of these products are available in UAE and no agency like amazon / Ebay are allowed to ship due to geographical restrictions.:lol:
May be I will try to organise from my Singapore/KL office.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back