Sharing a few- contemporary children's portraiture.

I adore these! I love the style and the attitude in them!

Oh and her eyes in #1 are delicious!! Great Job!

I shoot in RAW a lot.... it kind of depends on my mood. I know that sounds silly. Generally I shoot in RAW though.... it does allow for more control. I use lightroom by the way- that makes a difference.

For anyone who wants my workflow I take out shadows with a very very simple action called Sunshine In Your Hand (its not too expensive, let me know if you want the link), then I do a defog (USM at 40, 60, 1), a soft light layer at 20 percent, and then I tweak from there.

I actually went into business a month ago!!! :) I first started with my photography a year ago. I am part of an AMAZING online community (forum of children's photographers) that have guided me this far. Let me know if you're curious in the link or have any other questions.

Thanks so much for looking!

Hey Erin, Fantastic work!!! I would LOVE to know the details about your other childrens forum. I am a child portrait photographer but most of my work is in a studio set up, I'm not too confident yet on location shoots, so please share with those of us willing to learn MORE--- I want 'in'.. hahaha:lovey:

Feel free to look at some of my recent posts to see some of my work and I would love your c&c. thanks Jodie xxx:lovey:

Great photos. Very inspiring :)

Thank you!!!! So many people said it's "the perfect portrait lens", I was wondering what I was doing wrong. :confused:

It is the perfect portrait lens, for an APS-C dSLR. It equates to 80mm, which is roughly the same focal length as the 85mm. It gives you minimal distortion of facial features and that's why that focal length (85-135) is recommended.

If you are not getting sharp pictures, then you should look closely at your technique. If all that fails, then possibly you have a soft copy.

Your photos are gorgeous (as always!) :) Thanks for sharing with us.

my favourite posts of yours ever!!!!!! they are all absolutely delicious... wow, you must have some thrilled clients. how busy are you now???? with pics like these i can imagine they are banging your door down. you go girl...... oh yeah.... loving your pp... EXCELLENT xxxxx

HI! As usual I'm jealous *sigh* LOL
Those are beautiful and I'm so excited to go look at your site now! You didn't have one last time I knew. COOL!

What is the Childrens Phot Forum? Sounds great and so helpful.

I have the 50mm 1.8 and I rarely like the images. Only if I can use a tripod, then I may us it indoors if its a small area. Love the 85mm. You're further away from what you are shooting- especially if its full length. Fine for adults, but sometimes I have to raise my voice alot for the kids and my high pitch voice is not pretty, LOL.

Thanks for all that info and sharing your PP secrets!

These are great - great color, great contrast, great captures - nothing bad to say about these really! My favorite is #2.

wwwdotilovephotographydotcom

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to post that.... it's the spot where you will find children's photographers everywhere- from some of the top children's photographers in the US (jinky and audrey woulard for instance) to people just starting out. I'm Erin Bell on there! Feel free to give me a message.

Love every one of them......absolutely beautiful work!! What were your camera settings? and the eyes.....what was your PP?

Again very beautiful :)

The eyes were completely natural aside from my other pp. I posted my pping a few posts up. I shoot in RAW in my camera so settings don't really matter. Thank you!!! :)

Those are absolutely wonderful - and what gorgeous little models!

Wow, those eyes!!!! Incredible. Din you use a reflector or flash? What directing was the sun coming from??? I would love some tips! Thankyou so much for sharing your beautiful images!

Oh I also wanted to say that I LOVE your logo. Looks great. I am trying to develop mine and so far it's not looking too fabulous!

Most reactions

Back