sharpness of scans

messier

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
my scans are coming out very soft. the prints seem to be quite sharp. i wonder if u could reccomend a scanner although i dont know if thats in my budget. or any other suggestions.

If you can afford to get a dedicated film scanner, you will get much better quality scans than using a flatbed to scan prints.

Unsharp Mask is a filter in Photoshop. It's a versatile way to sharpen an image.

you gotta fork out some dough if you want quality scans... perhaps as mentioned above, a dedicated film or slide scanner.

unsharp mask is a must when scanning.. get yourself a free copy of photoshop from one of the many sharing programs, may i sugest aresP2P located here: http://www.aresgalaxy.org

Instead of buying a film scanner, you can have your negatives scanned at a local lab. Mine will scan my negs and put the files on a CD. This can get pricey; my lab offers a reduced cost per neg if I bring a minimum number of negs (forget how many). Even though it can be costly, it's less expensive than buying a film scanner.

Most reactions

Back