tpe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.scientificillustration.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
lightning.jpg

What do you think? it reminds me of reciprocity failuer that i used to get all the time in the church yard, can the same thing happen with digital?

Some of the lightning seems to have dissapeared with reducing the size, it is about 10 mins exposure, of a storm that just passed by, it took the enitre evening and many dud shots for my first attempt at lightning so i thought i had better post it, but i cant say i really like it, so what is wrong with it? And what should change next time?

thanks for looking

tim

Having been able to get very few decent lightning shots, this looks good to me. Not sure I would change a thing. The bright lights on the street are a bit distracting, and there are areas of the scene out of focus....but the crux of the shot is the lightning against the dark pastel background....and I'm not sure cropping anything will help. Nice capture.

Many thanks for commenting ccd333, i think the focus is probably made worse by the length of exposure and the floor vibrating. Generally is it better to try and get one strike with a shorter exposure time or do as in this one and keep the camera open long enough to get several strikes?

thanks

tim

Tim, I think ideally you find a happy balance. But if it's a matter of getting the shot or not....your method worked well. The focus issue is not a big one because the lightning itself is the sharpest part. You did VERY well with what you had here.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back