shooting in a public place

Every countr has different laws, I live in argentina and you don't need a permission to take photos in public places like a park, streets, etc... But I still ask for permission if i had time to take the photo. But sometimes I just take the shot without ask for permission

As for me, I never approach any child anywhere without first asking permission. It's not so much a matter of law as it is consideration. And, in our world, you might ask yourself if you want the picture bad enought to take a whipping from an irate dad who's 6 foot and about 300 pounds.
Save yourself the hassle, ask first.

Bryant

I would be interested to see the article as well,

Ive only just started snapping candid pictures (takes a while to be happy to point the camera at people) And i dont mind people seeing me snapping pictures of them- i know if they have a problem they will ignore it or come over and ask,

I still won't shoot candids of children when there parents are around, and i can respect parents being worried about their childrens photo being taken by a complete stranger, i have shot some long lens shots of a kid and her dad on the beach, and a few of kids in the park, but parents always seem to notice straight away a camera pointing in the direction of their kids, and generally they dont look happy even if they don;t say anything.

I guess asking the parents would ruin the candid look, and saves the problems of the parents, ive only started happily shooting candid in the last few weeks and i love the shots you can get, adds a lot of interest to otherwise average photo's

sorry to here you lost your photo- sounded like a good one!

Most reactions

Back