Shot a few, Tell me what you think.

RyanLilly

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
1 Bright Sunny Day, I think that this has a very strong focus.
Sunnyweb.jpg

1.5 I adjusted this a bit because It lost a lot of quality at this size.
adjustedsunnyweb.jpg

2 This one the focus is not as strong but the clouds are nice.
Sunnywider_1web.jpg

3 Sharp, Maybe I should use Less DOF to draw more attention to the razor wire, and less the building.
razorweb.jpg

wireweb.jpg

BTW my camera only stops down to f/11 and 1/640, a bit difficult with a subject this bright, so I probably need to tweak in PS.

To be completly honest, im not crazy about any of them. Id suggest maybe a re shoot when the lighting isnt so harsh. I think the glare and the color orbs take away from a potentially good set of photos.

Good luck and i hope i didnt sound to grumpy. :)

Yeah, I like the shape of that ventilation system, especially with the sun and clouds, but the sun was just a bit to overpowering today, and really I would have wanted the structure to be more on a silhouette, and have better clarity in the clouds. I don't mind the orbs as much, but there is an ugly glare right on the ducting that I agree is quite ugly. This is pushing the dynamic range of the camera too much, and It was still overexposed to begin with. Maybe I'll shoot next time when there is more air pollution, and let the smog stop down the sun for me. And yes the razor wire shots are just kind of boring.

I don't find shooting directly into a midday sun to be an effective method of taking good photos. You might also want to work on the composition because none of them are all that interesting, probably even in good light.

Too much splash back from the sun, otherwise they would be great pics...

Most reactions

Back