Shots from the Square pt. 2

rusty9

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
last time i went, it was noon, and the lighting was bad. i went back at 6:30 this morning. these are SOOC

1. buildings
DSC_0082.jpg

2. courthouse reflection
DSC_0089-1.jpg

3. street corner
DSC_0097.jpg

4. lowkey street shot
DSC_0103.jpg

5. flower w/ courthouse in bg
DSC_0113.jpg

6. flower w/ courthouse in bg
DSC_0115.jpg

7. rainbow
DSC_0121.jpg

8. Gowdy's
DSC_0126.jpg

5 and 6 are interesting... My eyes "want" to look at the building... But the focal point pulls them away... Makes my head hurt :lol: Maybe a bit more DOF to keep my eyes from wanting to focus the courthouse?

But maybe its just me...

2 and 5 are good

The light is an improvement over the last ones for sure.

I think you need to work on the composition a bit.

#3 for example. Nothing outside of the front facade of the bank is interesting. Every other object in the photo is a distraction or is plain ugly. Try getting riight in front of the bank with a wide or ultra wide angle lens and get some interesting perspectives of the small front facade.

#4 is better than 3, but the great morning light is on the back of the building so the shot doesn't benefit. Shot #1 is getting the light and it helps, but the road sign and the handicap parking sign are distractions.

Sometimes getting the whole building just doesn't work to create an interesting shot. Try getting closer or using a wide angle.

2 & 5 are nice shots but a bit over exposed for my taste.

6 is over exposed, out of focus (flower) and you cut off the flower on the right edge.

7 is a snapshot.

thank you for your comments

5 + 6 are brilliant ! The other dont really do much for me even though the puddle reflection is rather cool

Most reactions

Back