Shots in the forest .... what do ya think?

I like the first and third very much! I love the water!

just a tip though, people will be more inclined to look and post if you post the actual picture :D

Image tags.

[ img ] image address goes here without the spaces and [ /img ] at the end.

Great shots. Must be magnificent to have a forest such as that so close to home.

Here are your shots for those who do not wish to click. lol

1)
Totara-Forest-Stream-02-Final.jpg

2)
Totara-Forest-Tree-Stump-Final.jpg

3)
Totara-Rapids-Final.jpg

Great pics! Is that eucalyptus tree in the 2nd pic?

beautiful photos.

it must be amazing to live close to a place like that! what kind of wildlife do you run into there?

That is one green forest. I cannot BUT like these photos very much, since they sport my favourite colour!
The first is easily my favourite of the three (and a tip: when you link from Photobucket, always highlight the FOURTH of the given lines with the URL, the one that already says "IMG-code", then your photos will get embedded).
It was dark enough for you to use a long shutter speed and thus blur out the water like you did. I assume you walked with your tripod in tow and made good use of it!?

yup i sure did i never shoot without my tripod!, it wasn't too dark a day but being a typical winter day in New Zealand it went from rain to sun half a dozen times over the span of two hours!. I used a ND8 Neutral Density filter to achieve the longer shutter speed (was around 15secs i think ) was taken at f22. I have no idea how the water looked so "painting" like it just turned out that way after i increased recovery and clarity in ACR then sharpened the image followed by a levels curve. thanks for your comments :) - and unfortunately there was no wildlife in this forest we dont get much of that in NZ sadly.

Well it looks like I am the only one in step in this parade. ;)

I find the water distracting in that it looks like plastic. I would use a faster shutter to preserve the water look.

Wow very nice. Neat water effect.

Where's the velociraptor???

Most reactions

Back